May 2, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Legendary talk show host Larry King will interview Firestone Indy Lights Series driver Zach Veach of Andretti Autosport following King’s “Pick Me Larry” contest.
King has transitioned to online interviews on ORA TV after his career in TV and radio with some of the world’s most notable newsmakers. Veach was one of 12 finalists selected after submitting a 15-second pitch as to why he should be interviewed.
Veach, an Indy Lights rookie who is one of two drivers to have raced in all three rungs of the Mazda Road to Indy ladder (Indy Lights, Pro Mazda, USF2000), is also a published author and has been featured on many national platforms.
Veach finished fifth in the Indy Lights season opener at St. Petersburg. He’s one of 11 drivers testing Thursday at IMS, which includes the eight full-season drivers thus far and rookies Jimmy Simpson (Team Moore), Chase Austin (BHA/JMM) and Kyle O’Gara (SFHR/SPM).
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes (10)
- Mark Miles talks about the road ahead for IndyCar (8)
- Rick Allen named lead NASCAR announcer for NBC Sports (6)