May 2, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Legendary talk show host Larry King will interview Firestone Indy Lights Series driver Zach Veach of Andretti Autosport following King’s “Pick Me Larry” contest.
King has transitioned to online interviews on ORA TV after his career in TV and radio with some of the world’s most notable newsmakers. Veach was one of 12 finalists selected after submitting a 15-second pitch as to why he should be interviewed.
Veach, an Indy Lights rookie who is one of two drivers to have raced in all three rungs of the Mazda Road to Indy ladder (Indy Lights, Pro Mazda, USF2000), is also a published author and has been featured on many national platforms.
Veach finished fifth in the Indy Lights season opener at St. Petersburg. He’s one of 11 drivers testing Thursday at IMS, which includes the eight full-season drivers thus far and rookies Jimmy Simpson (Team Moore), Chase Austin (BHA/JMM) and Kyle O’Gara (SFHR/SPM).
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2