May 2, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Legendary talk show host Larry King will interview Firestone Indy Lights Series driver Zach Veach of Andretti Autosport following King’s “Pick Me Larry” contest.
King has transitioned to online interviews on ORA TV after his career in TV and radio with some of the world’s most notable newsmakers. Veach was one of 12 finalists selected after submitting a 15-second pitch as to why he should be interviewed.
Veach, an Indy Lights rookie who is one of two drivers to have raced in all three rungs of the Mazda Road to Indy ladder (Indy Lights, Pro Mazda, USF2000), is also a published author and has been featured on many national platforms.
Veach finished fifth in the Indy Lights season opener at St. Petersburg. He’s one of 11 drivers testing Thursday at IMS, which includes the eight full-season drivers thus far and rookies Jimmy Simpson (Team Moore), Chase Austin (BHA/JMM) and Kyle O’Gara (SFHR/SPM).
Video from NASCAR America
- What might happen to Tony Stewart when District Attorney’s review of Kevin Ward Jr. case is completed? 4
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1
- Joey Logano: ‘We’re ready’ to win Sprint Cup championship 1
- Kyle Busch ready to claim his ‘second’ Sprint Cup championship 2