May 2, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
Sergio Perez is enjoying a bit of time out following a stressful start to the 2013 Formula One season, and the return to Europe at the Spanish Grand Prix has come at the right time for the McLaren driver.
“After the first four flyaways, there’s a bit of a natural break – like it’s time for everyone to reset and start a new season in Europe,” Perez said in an interview with McLaren.
“It always feels exciting returning to Europe – almost like the start of the season again! But it’s also good that there’s a three-week break between Bahrain and Barcelona. That’s a good time to relax because there’s been a lot of travel for the last ten weeks.”
Although the break does give Checo a chance to relax, he will be hoping to keep the momentum from the Bahrain Grand Prix going, where he finished an excellent P6 after a feisty drive.
“We spend huge amounts of time in airports, so it is nice to finally get some time to myself – I’ll be training throughout the whole time, but I’ll also be seeing friends and family. Hopefully, I can get to watch some football, too!”
Perez has made a good start to his McLaren career, and his likable nature has made him a hit with the fans. Relying the team can bring the required upgrades to the Spanish GP, he could challenge teammate Jenson Button once again upon F1′s return to Europe.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 0
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 4
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2