May 4, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Former Williams chairman Adam Parr is confident that the team can turn its form around and begin to pick up points in 2013.
Williams has failed to score so far this season, with Marussia and Caterham the only other teams on zero points. However, Parr is sure that the Spanish Grand Prix will be a turning point in the team’s season.
“I know they’ve got the ability to get on top of these problems,” Parr explained to Sky Sports. “They did a great job with a great car last year. This year’s car is only an evolution. Maybe they’re trying to be too complicated?”
Pastor Maldonado claimed his first win at last year’s Spanish Grand Prix, and it marked Williams’ first victory in over seven years, so the track holds happy memories for the team. Parr believes that Maldonado and teammate Valtteri Bottas will be able to produce a solid result in Spain.
“I’m completely confident that Barcelona will see them take a step forward and if you look at how the boys raced in Bahrain.
“Of course they weren’t in the headlines, but 11th and 14th – they made up positions and had a solid race. If they do that in a slightly better car, they’ll start building up points.”
As the European season gets underway, many of the teams will be applying upgrades to their cars in an attempt to move up the order. For Williams, it is crucial that its form is turned around if they are to relive the dizzying heights of Maldonado’s 2012 victory.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5