May 6, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
In what was easily the biggest NASCAR Sprint Cup Series surprise win since a then-rookie, Brad Keselowski, did so at Talladega in 2009 for James Finch, David Ragan and David Gilliland swept through the field to take a shock 1-2 result for Front Row Motorsports on Sunday at Talladega.
But they weren’t the only ones. As in Daytona, a handful of underfunded or part-time entrants also cracked the top 10.
And Scott Speed, the ex-Formula One driver for Scuderia Toro Rosso and the last American driver to race in F1, scored the first top-10 finish for the Leavine Family Racing team in ninth (No. 95, right).
Speed may have erred in the last restart, per the Associated Press’s Jenna Fryer. She tweeted from that from her notes, the restart order originally had Ragan eighth, Speed ninth and Brad Keselowski tenth, although they actually restarted Speed, Keselowski and Ragan. NASCAR made no penalty call at the time and Keselowski spent Sunday night on Twitter fuming about the alleged mistake.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: Abu Dhabi GP Race Day live on NBCSN from 7a ET 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0