May 7, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
On Sunday, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time despite dominating in Talladega.
Kenseth led a race-high 142 of 192 laps in the rain-delayed, then green-white-checkered extended Aaron’s 499, but fell to eighth at the checkered flag thanks to a train of cars passing him after the final restart.
“Just thinking about our day, it’s encouraging but it’s also really frustrating,” Kenseth told the Associated Press. “I think we’ve led the most laps four or five times and I’m fortunate and thankful that we won two races. I just feel like there’s been a few that I’ve left on the table or we’ve left on the table, for whatever reason.
“Hopefully, we can keep the performance up and I can figure out the right things to do there at the end to keep my car in the right spot and we can collect some more wins.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 1
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 1
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 21