May 7, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
On Sunday, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time despite dominating in Talladega.
Kenseth led a race-high 142 of 192 laps in the rain-delayed, then green-white-checkered extended Aaron’s 499, but fell to eighth at the checkered flag thanks to a train of cars passing him after the final restart.
“Just thinking about our day, it’s encouraging but it’s also really frustrating,” Kenseth told the Associated Press. “I think we’ve led the most laps four or five times and I’m fortunate and thankful that we won two races. I just feel like there’s been a few that I’ve left on the table or we’ve left on the table, for whatever reason.
“Hopefully, we can keep the performance up and I can figure out the right things to do there at the end to keep my car in the right spot and we can collect some more wins.”
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52