May 7, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
On Sunday, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time despite dominating in Talladega.
Kenseth led a race-high 142 of 192 laps in the rain-delayed, then green-white-checkered extended Aaron’s 499, but fell to eighth at the checkered flag thanks to a train of cars passing him after the final restart.
“Just thinking about our day, it’s encouraging but it’s also really frustrating,” Kenseth told the Associated Press. “I think we’ve led the most laps four or five times and I’m fortunate and thankful that we won two races. I just feel like there’s been a few that I’ve left on the table or we’ve left on the table, for whatever reason.
“Hopefully, we can keep the performance up and I can figure out the right things to do there at the end to keep my car in the right spot and we can collect some more wins.”
- NHRA: Beckman blazes to second Funny Car win of season at Kansas; Crampton, Enders-Stevens also win 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 6
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 52
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0