May 7, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
Parity is a great word to describe how the first four IZOD IndyCar Series races of the year have played out. The on-track product IndyCar is putting out on road and street courses this year has offered up these numbers:
- Green flag margins of victory: 1.0982 (St. Petersburg), 0.6363 (Barber), 0.3463 (Brazil)
- 8 different podium finishers (Hinchcliffe, Castroneves, Andretti, Hunter-Reay, Dixon, Sato, Rahal, Wilson), 13 different drivers with at least one Firestone Fast Six appearance (Hunter-Reay, Viso, Hinchcliffe, Castroneves, Power, Dixon, Franchitti, Kimball, Kanaan, de Silvestro, Sato, Conway, Vautier)
- 8 different teams in the top 10 in points (Foyt, Andretti, Penske, Ganassi, Coyne, Panther DRR, KVRT, Schmidt Hamilton)
- 3 different race winners, 3 different polesitters, 4 different drivers with fastest race lap
- 15 of 25 full-season drivers with at least one top-5 finish (Hunter-Reay, Castroneves, Hildebrand, Dixon, Franchitti, Kanaan, Power, Sato, Rahal, Wilson, Servia, Andretti, Hinchcliffe, Newgarden, Kimball)
- 20 of 25 full-season drivers with at least one top-10 finish (same 15 plus Pagenaud, de Silvestro, Viso, Tagliani, Vautier)
- Most laps led: Sato 72, Hunter-Reay 70, Castroneves 67
- 71 points separates first (Sato, 136) from 20th (Bourdais, 65) in points. In 2012, that was 121 points after four races between Power (180) and Bourdais (59).
- Dario Franchitti is 15th and Will Power is 18th in points. Neither has won a race in a year (Power, Brazil 2012, Franchitti, Indy 500 2012).
Sep 18, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
8Star Motorsports’ intentions of joining the Indy Lights grid for 2015 are close to becoming a reality.
Sep 18, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
FIA could be forced to backtrack on plans for this weekend, though.
Sep 18, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
F1 is renowned for being exuberant and exotic. No event screams it more than the Singapore Grand Prix.
Sep 18, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Everything is in place for the first Russian Grand Prix in 100 years to take place on October 12th.
Sep 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Twelve finalists named in USF2000 seat shootout.
Sep 18, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Massa believes that Williams should be aiming to beat Red Bull despite trailing by almost 100 points in the constructors’ championship.
Sep 18, 2014, 9:27 AM EDT
The Volkswagen Beetle makes its debut at the LA doubleheader round this weekend.
Sep 18, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
F1 ventures to Asia for its second annual glamor event in Singapore.
Sep 17, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The 2003 Sprint Cup champion talks with NASCAR AMERICA’s Marty Snider about how he’s now looking forward to racing at New Hampshire more than ever before.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
Joe Gibbs tells the press that the details have already been decided, and that an announcement could come within the next few weeks.
Sep 17, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Denny Hamlin and Kurt Busch are currently in position to make the Contender Round, but need big results this weekend at New Hampshire. NASCAR AMERICA’s Frank Stoddard explains why.
Sep 17, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Waltrip and partner Emma Slater are moving on to Week 2 despite a shaky opening performance.
Sep 17, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Also on tap: Chicagoland edition of “Scan All 43″; learning the best lines around New Hampshire.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
The No. 20 Truck failed to meet post-race body height requirements following Saturday night’s Truck Series event at Chicagoland Speedway.
Sep 17, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Needing two more good races to make the Contender Round, knowing when and when not to take a chance on the track will be important for the 4 camp.
Sep 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Singapore GP and two Red Bull GRC races to watch this weekend, among other items, on NBC TV times.
Sep 17, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
RPM also announces that it will stay with Ford, and also continue chassis/engine supply deals with Roush Fenway Racing and Roush Yates Engines respectively.
Sep 17, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Ed Carpenter Racing and Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing, under new CFH Racing banner, will run Chevrolets in the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series.
Sep 17, 2014, 12:36 PM EDT
Team engineering director Pat Fry says some new components for 2015 will be tested on the current F14 T car during the final stretch of races this year.
Sep 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
DEWALT and STANLEY join Joe Gibbs Racing, for Carl Edwards and Matt Kenseth, in 2015.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 4
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Keselowski (VIDEO) 0