May 7, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
Parity is a great word to describe how the first four IZOD IndyCar Series races of the year have played out. The on-track product IndyCar is putting out on road and street courses this year has offered up these numbers:
- Green flag margins of victory: 1.0982 (St. Petersburg), 0.6363 (Barber), 0.3463 (Brazil)
- 8 different podium finishers (Hinchcliffe, Castroneves, Andretti, Hunter-Reay, Dixon, Sato, Rahal, Wilson), 13 different drivers with at least one Firestone Fast Six appearance (Hunter-Reay, Viso, Hinchcliffe, Castroneves, Power, Dixon, Franchitti, Kimball, Kanaan, de Silvestro, Sato, Conway, Vautier)
- 8 different teams in the top 10 in points (Foyt, Andretti, Penske, Ganassi, Coyne, Panther DRR, KVRT, Schmidt Hamilton)
- 3 different race winners, 3 different polesitters, 4 different drivers with fastest race lap
- 15 of 25 full-season drivers with at least one top-5 finish (Hunter-Reay, Castroneves, Hildebrand, Dixon, Franchitti, Kanaan, Power, Sato, Rahal, Wilson, Servia, Andretti, Hinchcliffe, Newgarden, Kimball)
- 20 of 25 full-season drivers with at least one top-10 finish (same 15 plus Pagenaud, de Silvestro, Viso, Tagliani, Vautier)
- Most laps led: Sato 72, Hunter-Reay 70, Castroneves 67
- 71 points separates first (Sato, 136) from 20th (Bourdais, 65) in points. In 2012, that was 121 points after four races between Power (180) and Bourdais (59).
- Dario Franchitti is 15th and Will Power is 18th in points. Neither has won a race in a year (Power, Brazil 2012, Franchitti, Indy 500 2012).
Nov 28, 2014, 7:16 PM EST
Red Bull GRC champs Olsbergs MSE has their drivers second and fourth in the standings so far.
Nov 28, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
Put down your shopping bags, heat up some Thanksgiving leftovers, and tune in for a Black Friday edition of NASCAR AMERICA on NBCSN.
Nov 28, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
Mark Webber fastest in second practice for WEC at Interlagos.
Nov 28, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Porsche 919 Hybrids run 1-2 in the first session at Interlagos.
Nov 28, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The end of the WEC season occurs this weekend in Brazil.
Nov 28, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
We take a look back at some of the biggest stories in Formula 1 this year.
Nov 28, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Rico Abreu locks up USAC Honda Midget Series title with fifth-place finish in Thanksgiving classic.
Nov 28, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Alonso proved once again in 2014 that he has ability exceeding that of the Ferrari car, but even he couldn’t make up for the shortcomings of the F14 T.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:11 PM EST
Spanish driver to race alongside Max Verstappen in 2015, stepping up to make his F1 debut.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Red Bull may have been underdogs after winter testing, but few could have predicted Sebastian Vettel’s bid for a fifth world title being as weak as it was.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
After a difficult rookie season, Bottas’ sophomore year in F1 brought far more success, marking the Finn as a possible champion in the future.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Kvyat will replace Sebastian Vettel at Red Bull next year.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Nico Hulkenberg and Porsche: a win for both the WEC and F1 in a rare moment of motorsport unity for the common good.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
What a year it was for Daniel Ricciardo in his first season at Red Bull.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Talks about a new contract with Mercedes should be brought forwards after title win.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
A worthy title contender, Nico Rosberg enjoyed his most successful season to date in 2014.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
2014 saw the Briton become a two-time F1 world champion, winning 11 races.
Nov 28, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
A new regime will come into force at Maranello next season following a disappointing campaign in 2014.
Nov 28, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
British racer will remain with Williams for 2015 after becoming the first woman to take part in a grand prix weekend session in 22 years over the summer.
Nov 27, 2014, 8:46 PM EST
NHRA team owner Don Schumacher underwent surgery Wednesday for early-stage skin cancer.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3