May 8, 2013, 4:04 PM EST
Matt Kenseth, who was originally docked 50 points, has had that number cut down to 12. Other penalties were also rescinded, and thus his second win of the year at Kansas is once again eligible for bonus points to be used to qualify for the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
Joe Gibbs’ 50 owner points penalty was also reduced to 12. Crew chief Jason Ratcliff’s suspension was dropped from six points races down to one.
Toyota’s manufacturer points penalty, however, was increased from five points to seven.
Kenseth, who originally called the penalties “borderline shameful,” was pleased with the outcome.
“Glad to have today behind us so we can get our focus back on racing,” Kenseth tweeted Wednesday. “I respect NASCAR and the appeals process, I feel like they got it right.”
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 1