May 8, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
Denny Hamlin plans to run the entire NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Darlington Raceway this weekend.
“More good news after this week’s scan. Healing is going really good and I’m ready to go the distance this week. #makethechase,” Hamlin tweeted Wednesday.
Hamlin then went into FOX’s “Hollywood Hotel” booth, where he stayed the remainder of the race, and served as a guest analyst of the race.
As Hamlin enters Darlington currently 31st in points, 125 points behind 10th place, he needs to win multiple races and make it to at least 20th in points to have a chance to make the Chase for the Sprint Cup as a wild card entry.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 0
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 2
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0