May 8, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Denny Hamlin plans to run the entire NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Darlington Raceway this weekend.
“More good news after this week’s scan. Healing is going really good and I’m ready to go the distance this week. #makethechase,” Hamlin tweeted Wednesday.
Hamlin then went into FOX’s “Hollywood Hotel” booth, where he stayed the remainder of the race, and served as a guest analyst of the race.
As Hamlin enters Darlington currently 31st in points, 125 points behind 10th place, he needs to win multiple races and make it to at least 20th in points to have a chance to make the Chase for the Sprint Cup as a wild card entry.
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 2
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 2
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 1
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2