May 8, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Denny Hamlin plans to run the entire NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Darlington Raceway this weekend.
“More good news after this week’s scan. Healing is going really good and I’m ready to go the distance this week. #makethechase,” Hamlin tweeted Wednesday.
Hamlin then went into FOX’s “Hollywood Hotel” booth, where he stayed the remainder of the race, and served as a guest analyst of the race.
As Hamlin enters Darlington currently 31st in points, 125 points behind 10th place, he needs to win multiple races and make it to at least 20th in points to have a chance to make the Chase for the Sprint Cup as a wild card entry.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 0
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 2
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 6
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10