May 9, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
“For me it doesn’t really make a difference,” he told Autosport, among others. “I cannot tell if it will make a difference in one week or in one year, or if it won’t make a difference at all. It’s not like it suddenly happened one day. People have discussed it and the team will have known it was coming for a while.”
It was announced Wednesday that Nick Chester, who had been Lotus’ engineering director, will take over the role from this weekend.
Raikkonen added that the shift will make no impact on what he opts to do for 2014. The 2007 World Champion has said previously that he’d wait until later in the year to make any decisions about his future.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 1
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 7
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 23
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3