May 9, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
“For me it doesn’t really make a difference,” he told Autosport, among others. “I cannot tell if it will make a difference in one week or in one year, or if it won’t make a difference at all. It’s not like it suddenly happened one day. People have discussed it and the team will have known it was coming for a while.”
It was announced Wednesday that Nick Chester, who had been Lotus’ engineering director, will take over the role from this weekend.
Raikkonen added that the shift will make no impact on what he opts to do for 2014. The 2007 World Champion has said previously that he’d wait until later in the year to make any decisions about his future.
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 1
- Johansson: Haas has done its homework ahead of F1 entry 0
- Dixon quickest with unofficial lap record in final practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1