May 9, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
“For me it doesn’t really make a difference,” he told Autosport, among others. “I cannot tell if it will make a difference in one week or in one year, or if it won’t make a difference at all. It’s not like it suddenly happened one day. People have discussed it and the team will have known it was coming for a while.”
It was announced Wednesday that Nick Chester, who had been Lotus’ engineering director, will take over the role from this weekend.
Raikkonen added that the shift will make no impact on what he opts to do for 2014. The 2007 World Champion has said previously that he’d wait until later in the year to make any decisions about his future.
- Sebastian Saavedra leads at halfway in IndyCar season finale (VIDEO) 0
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 0
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2
- Audi boss Ullrich laughs off continual F1 rumors 2
- MotorSportsTalk’s IndyCar championship pre-Sunday post round-up 0