May 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Previewing the F1 championship Round 5 in Barcelona, Pirelli racing manager Mario Isola breaks down the science behind tire technology when calculating lap numbers, runs, and forecast.
Pirelli will bring its new hard compound and medium compound as the alternate for this weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix. The company announced a couple weeks ago it would alter its hard from its prior status.
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 2
- Sebastian Saavedra leads at halfway in IndyCar season finale (VIDEO) 0
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 0
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2
- Audi boss Ullrich laughs off continual F1 rumors 2