May 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Previewing the F1 championship Round 5 in Barcelona, Pirelli racing manager Mario Isola breaks down the science behind tire technology when calculating lap numbers, runs, and forecast.
Pirelli will bring its new hard compound and medium compound as the alternate for this weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix. The company announced a couple weeks ago it would alter its hard from its prior status.
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5