May 10, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
With several young talented female drivers in the pipeline, at 31 and with a stable career in NASCAR, any such moves for Danica Patrick would be doubtful at best. The ones to watch going forward, who have already established a European base, include Alice Powell and Vicky Piria. Powell, who’s English, has done well in Formula 3, while Italian Piria has raced in GP3 in recent years. Susie Wolff, too, serves as Williams’ test driver.
On Friday, Patrick also appeared as a guest on The Dan Patrick Show, which also airs on the NBC Sports Network, to elaborate.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 7
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 8
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 21
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 20
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 6