May 10, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
With several young talented female drivers in the pipeline, at 31 and with a stable career in NASCAR, any such moves for Danica Patrick would be doubtful at best. The ones to watch going forward, who have already established a European base, include Alice Powell and Vicky Piria. Powell, who’s English, has done well in Formula 3, while Italian Piria has raced in GP3 in recent years. Susie Wolff, too, serves as Williams’ test driver.
On Friday, Patrick also appeared as a guest on The Dan Patrick Show, which also airs on the NBC Sports Network, to elaborate.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 0
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 24
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2