May 12, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
Formula One returns after a three week break to the Circuit de Catalunya just outside of Barcelona for the Spanish Grand Prix, with the track well known among drivers and teams due to the extensive test schedule which takes place there during the off-season. The forecast remains dry, but as the old saying suggests, rain could hit at any time on the Spanish east coast.
In qualifying, Nico Rosberg secured his second consecutive pole position ahead of teammate Lewis Hamilton, making it an all-Mercedes front row. Since 1996, the race has always been won by one of the top two qualifiers, which will be a good omen for Mercedes, but they will face stiff opposition from Sebastian Vettel, Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso, who complete the top five.
As well as watching the race on NBCSN, you can catch the live coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra on your phone or tablet.
You can also follow the Spanish Grand Prix live via the @F1onNBCSports Twitter account, which will be providing live commentary throughout the race.
Also, be sure to visit MotorSportsTalk throughout the weekend for all of the latest news and updates from the Spanish Grand Prix.
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 1
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Hungarian GP post-race (VIDEO) 1
- Vettel dedicates Hungarian GP win to Jules Bianchi 2
- Vettel storms to victory in Hungary as Hamilton and Rosberg hit trouble 9