May 12, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
Formula One returns after a three week break to the Circuit de Catalunya just outside of Barcelona for the Spanish Grand Prix, with the track well known among drivers and teams due to the extensive test schedule which takes place there during the off-season. The forecast remains dry, but as the old saying suggests, rain could hit at any time on the Spanish east coast.
In qualifying, Nico Rosberg secured his second consecutive pole position ahead of teammate Lewis Hamilton, making it an all-Mercedes front row. Since 1996, the race has always been won by one of the top two qualifiers, which will be a good omen for Mercedes, but they will face stiff opposition from Sebastian Vettel, Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso, who complete the top five.
As well as watching the race on NBCSN, you can catch the live coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra on your phone or tablet.
You can also follow the Spanish Grand Prix live via the @F1onNBCSports Twitter account, which will be providing live commentary throughout the race.
Also, be sure to visit MotorSportsTalk throughout the weekend for all of the latest news and updates from the Spanish Grand Prix.
Video from NASCAR America
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 19
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6