May 13, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Pippa Mann and Conor Daly took to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Monday morning for their veteran refresher and Rookie Orientation Program laps, respectively.
For Mann, it marked her first time in the Dallara DW12 chassis, with the No. 63 Cyclops Gear Dale Coyne Racing entry making its first laps of the month. Mann made her debut in the Indianapolis 500 in 2011 and has worked tirelessly over the last year to find the funding for a return.
“Completed our shake down and #VetRefresher program! So good to be back in an #Indycar @IMS!!! #THANKYOU @DaleCoyneRacing @CyclopsGear!!!” Mann tweeted shortly thereafter.
Daly (pictured, with teammate Takuma Sato, photo via IndyCar) made his first oval laps in the Dallara after his last IndyCar test came in December at Sebring International Raceway. Daly flew back to Indianapolis from Barcelona, via London and Chicago O’Hare, with everything but a HANS Device in tow.
The Heritage Christian School graduate passed two of the first three phases of his ROP in the morning. He will qualify the No. 41 ABC Supply entry for A.J. Foyt Racing. He finished on the podium in GP3 this weekend.
“Wow what an experience. Will never forget this morning. Time to get to the real work! Thank you @AJFoytRacing #mamaimgoinfast,” Daly tweeted Monday.
UPDATE: 5:45 P.M. ET: Daly completed his third and final phase of ROP, the fourth driver to do so after AJ Allmendinger, Carlos Munoz and Tristan Vautier.
Video from NASCAR America
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick set to swap crews at Stewart-Haas 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 1
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2