May 13, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
The top three finishers from Saturday night’s Bojangles Southern 500, the last NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race before a two-week stretch at Charlotte for the Sprint All-Star Race and Coca-Cola 600, had reason to celebrate with the odds against them going into the night.
Winner Matt Kenseth took his first Southern 500 victory with interim crew chief Wally Brown. Denny Hamlin, in second, raced hard in his first full race since his injuries suffered at Auto Club Speedway at the end of March. And Jeff Gordon, who’d been off to a rough start with only two top-10 finishes from the first 10 races, finished a needed third in his 700th career start.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5