May 14, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Among the 90-plus cars entered for this week’s Pirelli World Challenge races at Austin’s Circuit of the Americas are three from the Shea Racing Team, split between Touring Car and Touring Car B-Spec (TC and TCB).
Shea Holbrook, who was the first woman to win a TC class race (Long Beach, 2011), moves from TC to TCB with one of two Honda Fits. She finished fourth in the TC class a year ago and serves as both a driver and co-owner of the team. She also wrote a well-received op-ed piece for RACER Magazine in the wake of Sir Stirling Moss’ controversial comments earlier this year about the aptitude of women drivers.
“This year is different for me in that I’m not only solely focusing on my racing career, but also the future of the team and making sure we perform to our potential both on and off the race track,” she said.
Her teammates are P.J. Groenke (a second TCB Honda Fit) and Jon Miller, who will run a 2013 Honda Civic Si in the TC class.
Miller’s livery (pictured) will undoubtedly stand out in the field, thanks to partners Titan Motorsports, loudbasstard.com (an all natural, bamboo sound amplifier for smart-phones), Walter D’Andrea Bodyworks and Muhu.mx.
- NHRA: Beckman blazes to second Funny Car win of season at Kansas; Crampton, Enders-Stevens also win 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 6
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 52
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0