May 14, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Among the 90-plus cars entered for this week’s Pirelli World Challenge races at Austin’s Circuit of the Americas are three from the Shea Racing Team, split between Touring Car and Touring Car B-Spec (TC and TCB).
Shea Holbrook, who was the first woman to win a TC class race (Long Beach, 2011), moves from TC to TCB with one of two Honda Fits. She finished fourth in the TC class a year ago and serves as both a driver and co-owner of the team. She also wrote a well-received op-ed piece for RACER Magazine in the wake of Sir Stirling Moss’ controversial comments earlier this year about the aptitude of women drivers.
“This year is different for me in that I’m not only solely focusing on my racing career, but also the future of the team and making sure we perform to our potential both on and off the race track,” she said.
Her teammates are P.J. Groenke (a second TCB Honda Fit) and Jon Miller, who will run a 2013 Honda Civic Si in the TC class.
Miller’s livery (pictured) will undoubtedly stand out in the field, thanks to partners Titan Motorsports, loudbasstard.com (an all natural, bamboo sound amplifier for smart-phones), Walter D’Andrea Bodyworks and Muhu.mx.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1