May 17, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Red Bull has confirmed that Sebastien Buemi will take part in a show run that will see him drive around the legendary Spa-Francorchamps circuit in reverse.
Buemi last raced in Formula One in 2011 for Scuderia Toro Rosso, but after being dropped by the team he remained within the Red Bull setup as a reserve driver. Despite impressing many during his career, this is certainly a venture into the unknown for the Swiss driver.
The most interesting part of the event will be seeing Buemi tackle Eau Rouge in reverse. The corner is widely regarded as being the best in Formula One, with the drastic incline proving to be a tough challenge for many drivers. Therefore, to come down the hill at such a speed will be a great challenge for Buemi and a great spectacle for the fans.
This will form part of the support schedule for the Formula Renault 3.5 race being held at Spa-Francorchamps on June 2nd.
Buemi will not be the first driver to complete Eau Rouge backwards, with Daniel Ricciardo and Bruno Senna also having taken on the corner in reverse.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52