May 17, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Red Bull has confirmed that Sebastien Buemi will take part in a show run that will see him drive around the legendary Spa-Francorchamps circuit in reverse.
Buemi last raced in Formula One in 2011 for Scuderia Toro Rosso, but after being dropped by the team he remained within the Red Bull setup as a reserve driver. Despite impressing many during his career, this is certainly a venture into the unknown for the Swiss driver.
The most interesting part of the event will be seeing Buemi tackle Eau Rouge in reverse. The corner is widely regarded as being the best in Formula One, with the drastic incline proving to be a tough challenge for many drivers. Therefore, to come down the hill at such a speed will be a great challenge for Buemi and a great spectacle for the fans.
This will form part of the support schedule for the Formula Renault 3.5 race being held at Spa-Francorchamps on June 2nd.
Buemi will not be the first driver to complete Eau Rouge backwards, with Daniel Ricciardo and Bruno Senna also having taken on the corner in reverse.
Video from NASCAR America
- Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 6
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2