May 17, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Red Bull has confirmed that Sebastien Buemi will take part in a show run that will see him drive around the legendary Spa-Francorchamps circuit in reverse.
Buemi last raced in Formula One in 2011 for Scuderia Toro Rosso, but after being dropped by the team he remained within the Red Bull setup as a reserve driver. Despite impressing many during his career, this is certainly a venture into the unknown for the Swiss driver.
The most interesting part of the event will be seeing Buemi tackle Eau Rouge in reverse. The corner is widely regarded as being the best in Formula One, with the drastic incline proving to be a tough challenge for many drivers. Therefore, to come down the hill at such a speed will be a great challenge for Buemi and a great spectacle for the fans.
This will form part of the support schedule for the Formula Renault 3.5 race being held at Spa-Francorchamps on June 2nd.
Buemi will not be the first driver to complete Eau Rouge backwards, with Daniel Ricciardo and Bruno Senna also having taken on the corner in reverse.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5