May 17, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Red Bull has confirmed that Sebastien Buemi will take part in a show run that will see him drive around the legendary Spa-Francorchamps circuit in reverse.
Buemi last raced in Formula One in 2011 for Scuderia Toro Rosso, but after being dropped by the team he remained within the Red Bull setup as a reserve driver. Despite impressing many during his career, this is certainly a venture into the unknown for the Swiss driver.
The most interesting part of the event will be seeing Buemi tackle Eau Rouge in reverse. The corner is widely regarded as being the best in Formula One, with the drastic incline proving to be a tough challenge for many drivers. Therefore, to come down the hill at such a speed will be a great challenge for Buemi and a great spectacle for the fans.
This will form part of the support schedule for the Formula Renault 3.5 race being held at Spa-Francorchamps on June 2nd.
Buemi will not be the first driver to complete Eau Rouge backwards, with Daniel Ricciardo and Bruno Senna also having taken on the corner in reverse.
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 3
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4