May 17, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Marussia driver Jules Bianchi may be turning many heads in the paddock with some stand-out performances for Marussia, but the Frenchman has revealed that racing in Monaco next weekend will be the realization of a life-long dream.
“When I was nine or ten years old and used to go to watch the Monaco Grand Prix, I could never have imagined that one day I would be racing here myself,” Bianchi explained in a team statement. “So much of this season is a dream come true but next weekend is certainly one of the highlights for me.”
The atmosphere in Monaco is what makes the race so special for Bianchi, as the glitz and glamor of Formula One is on display for the whole world to see over the weekend.
“It’s a unique race, a fantastic experience on and off the track and the atmosphere is very special.”
Furthermore, Bianchi is confident that the upgrade brought to the Spanish Grand Prix will excel around the streets of Monaco.
“I would like to think that we can have a strong weekend after some positive signs with the new upgrade in Spain. We were not able to make the best of it on race day there but I hope for better things in Monaco.”
There is certainly something special about the Monaco Grand Prix, and it is often the race that drivers are most desperate to win. For Bianchi though, a good first outing at Monaco will be at the top of his agenda.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 76
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 11
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1