May 17, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Marussia driver Jules Bianchi may be turning many heads in the paddock with some stand-out performances for Marussia, but the Frenchman has revealed that racing in Monaco next weekend will be the realization of a life-long dream.
“When I was nine or ten years old and used to go to watch the Monaco Grand Prix, I could never have imagined that one day I would be racing here myself,” Bianchi explained in a team statement. “So much of this season is a dream come true but next weekend is certainly one of the highlights for me.”
The atmosphere in Monaco is what makes the race so special for Bianchi, as the glitz and glamor of Formula One is on display for the whole world to see over the weekend.
“It’s a unique race, a fantastic experience on and off the track and the atmosphere is very special.”
Furthermore, Bianchi is confident that the upgrade brought to the Spanish Grand Prix will excel around the streets of Monaco.
“I would like to think that we can have a strong weekend after some positive signs with the new upgrade in Spain. We were not able to make the best of it on race day there but I hope for better things in Monaco.”
There is certainly something special about the Monaco Grand Prix, and it is often the race that drivers are most desperate to win. For Bianchi though, a good first outing at Monaco will be at the top of his agenda.
- Report: Cleveland out for 2016 IndyCar schedule, still possible for future 0
- It’s not the years, but the mileage for Scott Dixon going into 250th start 0
- CFH Racing looks to turn things around once again at Milwaukee 0
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 1
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 8
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2