May 18, 2013, 10:50 AM EST
In addition to being broadcast on the NBC Sports Network, this weekend’s time trials for the 97th Indianapolis 500 will also be streamed live online and on mobile devices through NBC Sports Live Extra.
Coverage on both NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra begins today at 11 a.m. ET and will continue through the afternoon. Then on Sunday, the action returns at Noon ET with the drama of Bump Day.
Live Extra will also stream Carb Day activities (including the Firestone Indy Lights’ Freedom 100) on Friday, May 24, as well as the IPL 500 Festival Parade through downtown Indianapolis on Saturday, May 25.
Customers with participating cable, satellite and telco TV providers can access the free service, which provides streaming coverage of all live NBC Sports events on both NBC and NBCSN through NBCSports.com/LiveExtra and the NBC Sports Live Extra app for iOS and select Android devices (available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play).
IZOD IndyCar Series races are part of the programming shown on NBC Sports Live Extra, which also features the rest of NBCSN’s live-event roster: Formula One, the National Hockey League, the English Premier League, Major League Soccer, horse racing’s Triple Crown, and more.
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes (10)
- Mark Miles talks about the road ahead for IndyCar (8)
- Rick Allen named lead NASCAR announcer for NBC Sports (6)