May 19, 2013, 10:27 AM EDT
Graham Rahal was quickest in Sunday morning’s practice session on Armed Forces Bump Day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Bump Day qualifying is live from noon to 6:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, and live streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra.
Rahal, who had one qualifying run bumped and another not quick enough yesterday on Pole Day, clocked in at 226.564 mph. Rahal and Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing teammate Michel Jourdain Jr. had their crews perform engine changes after Pole Day.
Seven of the 10 drivers not currently qualified posted laps during the one-hour session. Behind Rahal, Josef Newgarden was second, followed by Buddy Lazier, Conor Daly, Sebastian Saavedra, Katherine Legge and Michel Jourdain Jr.
While Legge climbed to a best lap of 223.191 in the new No. 81 Schmidt Pelfrey entry, Jourdain, meanwhile, failed to eclipse even the 220 mph barrier.
The other three drivers who still need to qualify on Sunday include Dale Coyne Racing teammates Ana Beatriz and Pippa Mann, and Legge’s teammate under the Schmidt umbrella, rookie Tristan Vautier in the No. 55 Schmidt Peterson entry.
- Report: Deal for Marcos Ambrose’ return to Australia to race V8 Supercars for Roger Penske may be close 5
- MotorSportsTalk’s Predictions: Hungarian GP 0
- Alexander Rossi joins Marussia as reserve driver 2
- 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix Preview 3
- Bubba Wallace dominates to win MudSummer Classic at Eldora (updated) 3