May 19, 2013, 10:27 AM EDT
Graham Rahal was quickest in Sunday morning’s practice session on Armed Forces Bump Day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Bump Day qualifying is live from noon to 6:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, and live streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra.
Rahal, who had one qualifying run bumped and another not quick enough yesterday on Pole Day, clocked in at 226.564 mph. Rahal and Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing teammate Michel Jourdain Jr. had their crews perform engine changes after Pole Day.
Seven of the 10 drivers not currently qualified posted laps during the one-hour session. Behind Rahal, Josef Newgarden was second, followed by Buddy Lazier, Conor Daly, Sebastian Saavedra, Katherine Legge and Michel Jourdain Jr.
While Legge climbed to a best lap of 223.191 in the new No. 81 Schmidt Pelfrey entry, Jourdain, meanwhile, failed to eclipse even the 220 mph barrier.
The other three drivers who still need to qualify on Sunday include Dale Coyne Racing teammates Ana Beatriz and Pippa Mann, and Legge’s teammate under the Schmidt umbrella, rookie Tristan Vautier in the No. 55 Schmidt Peterson entry.
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 5
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 9
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2
- Audi boss Ullrich laughs off continual F1 rumors 2