May 21, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
The entry list for the 90th anniversary 24 Hours of Le Mans was first revealed in February, with a 56-car grid split between four classes: LMP1, LMP2, GTE Pro and GTE Am. On Tuesday, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) put out the latest update, with the driver lineups for each car all but set. It can be viewed here.
A total of eight LMP1 cars, 22 LMP2, 12 GTE Pro and 13 GTE Am, plus the experimental Green GT LMP H2 hydrogen-powered as the “Garage 56” entrant, make up the field.
Twenty-nine of the 56 are registered as full-season entrants in the FIA World Endurance Championship, although Le Mans always features a “bumper crop” of entries.
Audi has won the last two years with Andre Lotterer, Benoit Treluyer and Marcel Fassler in versions of its R18, first the R18 TDI in 2011 and the R18 e-tron quattro hybrid a year ago.
There are 17 ex-Formula One drivers on the entry list. They include:
- LMP1: Allan McNish, Marc Gene, Lucas di Grassi (Audi), Alexander Wurz, Kazuki Nakajima, Anthony Davidson, Sebastien Buemi, Stephane Sarrazin (Toyota), Nick Heidfeld (Rebellion Lola Toyota)
- LMP2: Shinji Nakano (Delta-ADR Oreca Nissan)
- GTE Pro: Gianmaria Bruni, Giancarlo Fisichella, Kamui Kobayashi, Olivier Beretta (AF Corse Ferrari), Jan Magnussen (Corvette), Pedro Lamy, Bruno Senna (Aston Martin)
There are also nearly 20 American drivers in the field. They include:
- LMP2: Kevin Weeda (Lotus), Scott Tucker (Level 5 HPD), Alexander Rossi, Eric Lux (Greaves Zytek Nissan), Matt Downs, Rodin Younessi (Boutsen Ginion Oreca Nissan), Mark Patterson (Murphy Oreca Nissan)
- GTE Pro: Jordan Taylor (Corvette), Tommy Milner (Corvette), Tommy Kendall, Jonathan Bomarito (SRT Viper), Bill Auberlen (Aston Martin)
- GTE Am: Ricky Taylor, Cooper MacNeil (Larbre Corvette), Howard Blank (AF Corse Ferrari), Tracy Krohn (Krohn Ferrari), Patrick Dempsey, Joe Foster, Michael Avenatti (Dempsey Proton Porsche)
A handful of other names to note include Tucker’s teammates at Level 5 HPD, Marino Franchitti and Ryan Briscoe, Mike Conway (G-Drive) in his Le Mans debut and Christophe Bouchut (Lotus) in his 20th Le Mans start.
Jan 30, 2015, 1:15 PM EST
Marco Andretti set for a new number while Andretti Autosport continues to sort out the rest of its IndyCar lineup.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
After boldly stating in 1999 that “all that can be achieved has been achieved”, Toyota will return to the WRC upon the next regulation change.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
A full download of all posts from NASCAR Media Tour on NBCSports.com.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:30 AM EST
Australian driver does not feel under any added pressure in 2015 despite appearing to be the new team leader.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
First video from Gridiron Challenge now up, in advance of the full event set to air tonight at 10 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:51 AM EST
The No. 10 WTR Corvette DP reclassified to last in P after drive-time violation at Rolex 24 at Daytona.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:45 AM EST
After a miserable 2014, Raikkonen hopes that the new season and a new car will bring better fortunes for Ferrari.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
Italian Luca Filippi will get the nod to drive the No. 20 Fuzzy’s Vodka Chevrolet alongside Ed Carpenter this season.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:40 AM EST
Four-time world champion is not expecting immediate success at Maranello.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
Big day of coverage for NASCAR on NBC today, with 6.5 hours of coverage slated.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:15 AM EST
Karam, Larson showcase talent in Rolex 24 drives for CGR.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Brazilian driver steps up to F1 with Sauber in 2015 after three years in GP2.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Former Caterham driver announces that he is moving to the Japanese single seater championship for 2015.
Jan 30, 2015, 6:14 AM EST
A new era begins at Maranello with the launch of the 2015 car.
Jan 30, 2015, 5:02 AM EST
After a disastrous 2014, Sauber aims to hit back this year with a new image and two new drivers.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:30 PM EST
When he went looking for a new crew chief to replace the soon-to-be departing Steve Letarte, Dale Earnhardt Jr. ultimately didn’t have to look very far.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:00 PM EST
Kasey Kahne looks for success with new crew chief… and another Super Bowl for his Seahawks.
Jan 29, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
Jerry Gappens, executive vice president and general manager of New Hampshire Motor Speedway was arrested last week and charged with indecent exposure and lewdness.
Jan 29, 2015, 7:09 PM EST
Conor Daly finally set for an IndyCar test this offseason, with SPM.
Jan 29, 2015, 6:33 PM EST
After coming so close last season, Ryan Newman is ready to fight for the Sprint Cup championship in 2015 — and he’s bringing his brass knuckles to give him a hand.
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 2
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 0
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 8