May 21, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The entry list for the 90th anniversary 24 Hours of Le Mans was first revealed in February, with a 56-car grid split between four classes: LMP1, LMP2, GTE Pro and GTE Am. On Tuesday, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) put out the latest update, with the driver lineups for each car all but set. It can be viewed here.
A total of eight LMP1 cars, 22 LMP2, 12 GTE Pro and 13 GTE Am, plus the experimental Green GT LMP H2 hydrogen-powered as the “Garage 56” entrant, make up the field.
Twenty-nine of the 56 are registered as full-season entrants in the FIA World Endurance Championship, although Le Mans always features a “bumper crop” of entries.
Audi has won the last two years with Andre Lotterer, Benoit Treluyer and Marcel Fassler in versions of its R18, first the R18 TDI in 2011 and the R18 e-tron quattro hybrid a year ago.
There are 17 ex-Formula One drivers on the entry list. They include:
- LMP1: Allan McNish, Marc Gene, Lucas di Grassi (Audi), Alexander Wurz, Kazuki Nakajima, Anthony Davidson, Sebastien Buemi, Stephane Sarrazin (Toyota), Nick Heidfeld (Rebellion Lola Toyota)
- LMP2: Shinji Nakano (Delta-ADR Oreca Nissan)
- GTE Pro: Gianmaria Bruni, Giancarlo Fisichella, Kamui Kobayashi, Olivier Beretta (AF Corse Ferrari), Jan Magnussen (Corvette), Pedro Lamy, Bruno Senna (Aston Martin)
There are also nearly 20 American drivers in the field. They include:
- LMP2: Kevin Weeda (Lotus), Scott Tucker (Level 5 HPD), Alexander Rossi, Eric Lux (Greaves Zytek Nissan), Matt Downs, Rodin Younessi (Boutsen Ginion Oreca Nissan), Mark Patterson (Murphy Oreca Nissan)
- GTE Pro: Jordan Taylor (Corvette), Tommy Milner (Corvette), Tommy Kendall, Jonathan Bomarito (SRT Viper), Bill Auberlen (Aston Martin)
- GTE Am: Ricky Taylor, Cooper MacNeil (Larbre Corvette), Howard Blank (AF Corse Ferrari), Tracy Krohn (Krohn Ferrari), Patrick Dempsey, Joe Foster, Michael Avenatti (Dempsey Proton Porsche)
A handful of other names to note include Tucker’s teammates at Level 5 HPD, Marino Franchitti and Ryan Briscoe, Mike Conway (G-Drive) in his Le Mans debut and Christophe Bouchut (Lotus) in his 20th Le Mans start.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
A blind 16-year-old gets to live his dream and have a brief chance behind the wheel.
Oct 21, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Kurt Busch, Susie Wolff join Race of Champions lineup.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Andretti Sports Marketing explains some of the tricks to the trade in promoting new race events, with Miami and NOLA set for 2015.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
LA Galaxy’s Chandler Hoffman first up in “What’Cha Got” presented by Continental Tire show to drive a Lamborghini.
Oct 20, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Six different teams are represented among the eight remaining Chasers, and NASCAR’s post-season is starting to resemble another familiar tournament. NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty and Jeff Burton discuss.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
Newman, one of the “Eliminator 8,” may be penalized tomorrow by NASCAR after his car was found to be too low following Sunday’s race at Talladega. Nate Ryan has more on the situation.
Oct 20, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Notes and numbers to keep in mind as the 8 remaining Chasers prepare to begin the Eliminator Round.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Recapping Talladega on NASCAR AMERICA.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
A great post-season for Busch was erased by a mid-race crash on Sunday at Talladega, but crew chief Dave Rogers says there’s no point in blaming the rules of the new Chase.
Oct 20, 2014, 5:09 PM EDT
Miami Formula E circuit revealed.
Oct 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Prepare to have this track bouncing in your head all day.
Oct 20, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
What to know heading into the next round of NASCAR’s Chase.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
They say they always do things bigger in Texas, and that phrase would perfectly describe legendary former drag racer and NASCAR team owner Raymond Beadle.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
Coby finishes 17th in the season finale at Thompson (Conn.) Speedway, but earns the 2014 series title by 22 points over race winner Ryan Preece.
Oct 20, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Turner on the move to PWC from IMSA.
Oct 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Beadle helped bring the “Blue Max” brand to prominence in drag racing, and guided NASCAR legend Rusty Wallace to his lone Winston Cup title.
Oct 20, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
DTM champion will test for Toro Rosso.
Oct 20, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Both of Team Penske’s drivers advance to Eliminator round of Chase, which saves the ignominy of one of the winningest drivers this year going home.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
The organization says it will make a full presentation on its findings during the next World Motor Sport Council meeting in December.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Love him or loathe him, Keselowski deserves respect for coming through in the clutch like he did on Sunday.
Video from NASCAR America
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10