May 21, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The entry list for the 90th anniversary 24 Hours of Le Mans was first revealed in February, with a 56-car grid split between four classes: LMP1, LMP2, GTE Pro and GTE Am. On Tuesday, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) put out the latest update, with the driver lineups for each car all but set. It can be viewed here.
A total of eight LMP1 cars, 22 LMP2, 12 GTE Pro and 13 GTE Am, plus the experimental Green GT LMP H2 hydrogen-powered as the “Garage 56” entrant, make up the field.
Twenty-nine of the 56 are registered as full-season entrants in the FIA World Endurance Championship, although Le Mans always features a “bumper crop” of entries.
Audi has won the last two years with Andre Lotterer, Benoit Treluyer and Marcel Fassler in versions of its R18, first the R18 TDI in 2011 and the R18 e-tron quattro hybrid a year ago.
There are 17 ex-Formula One drivers on the entry list. They include:
- LMP1: Allan McNish, Marc Gene, Lucas di Grassi (Audi), Alexander Wurz, Kazuki Nakajima, Anthony Davidson, Sebastien Buemi, Stephane Sarrazin (Toyota), Nick Heidfeld (Rebellion Lola Toyota)
- LMP2: Shinji Nakano (Delta-ADR Oreca Nissan)
- GTE Pro: Gianmaria Bruni, Giancarlo Fisichella, Kamui Kobayashi, Olivier Beretta (AF Corse Ferrari), Jan Magnussen (Corvette), Pedro Lamy, Bruno Senna (Aston Martin)
There are also nearly 20 American drivers in the field. They include:
- LMP2: Kevin Weeda (Lotus), Scott Tucker (Level 5 HPD), Alexander Rossi, Eric Lux (Greaves Zytek Nissan), Matt Downs, Rodin Younessi (Boutsen Ginion Oreca Nissan), Mark Patterson (Murphy Oreca Nissan)
- GTE Pro: Jordan Taylor (Corvette), Tommy Milner (Corvette), Tommy Kendall, Jonathan Bomarito (SRT Viper), Bill Auberlen (Aston Martin)
- GTE Am: Ricky Taylor, Cooper MacNeil (Larbre Corvette), Howard Blank (AF Corse Ferrari), Tracy Krohn (Krohn Ferrari), Patrick Dempsey, Joe Foster, Michael Avenatti (Dempsey Proton Porsche)
A handful of other names to note include Tucker’s teammates at Level 5 HPD, Marino Franchitti and Ryan Briscoe, Mike Conway (G-Drive) in his Le Mans debut and Christophe Bouchut (Lotus) in his 20th Le Mans start.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
A surprise in Spain for Rowland as on-track winner Meindert van Buuren is hit with a time penalty for jumping the start.
Apr 25, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Audi no. 8 driver pleased with the team’s pace at Silverstone and in the recent test at Paul Ricard.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
Power on top in second IndyCar practice at Barber.
Apr 25, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
Spanish rider was sidelined following the Qatar Grand Prix due to an arm pump injury.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Preview the track that will host the next Formula E race on May 9.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
Scott Dixon takes the Coca-Cola car to the top of the first practice session at Barber.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Former F1 world champion and Indy 500 winner hits out at Alonso’s move to McLaren and Manor’s inclusion on the grid.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Qualifying for the Verizon IndyCar Series’ race at Barber has been moved up to 5 p.m. ET, and 4 p.m. CT and local time on NBCSN.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:18 AM EDT
Conor Daly has been confirmed in the Indianapolis 500 in SPM’s third car.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:11 PM EDT
Honda takes the wraps off the new Accord safety car.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
Pigot scores his first Indy Lights pole at Barber.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Formula E’s championship leader looks ahead to his adopted home race in Monaco on May 9.
Apr 24, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
2014 GP2 champion reflects on the opening four races of the year with Lotus.
WSR: Comtec pulls out of first Formula Renault 3.5 round, parts company with Regalia after three days
Apr 24, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Grid falls to 20 cars for the Formula Renault 3.5 opener in Spain this weekend.
Apr 24, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Indian Grand Prix was last held in 2013 at the Buddh International Circuit.
Apr 24, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Audi and Porsche will field three cars for the next two races of the FIA World Endurance Championship.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Red Bull has made a slow start to the 2015 season due to a variety of problems with the RB11 car.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Venezuelan driver currently bottom of the table after just one finish in four races.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
To reference the Smashing Pumpkins, Barber is the beginning of the end of the beginning for IndyCar 2015.
- Power, Penske to the fore in second IndyCar practice at Barber 0
- WATCH: IndyCar qualifying from Barber at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 0