May 21, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The entry list for the 90th anniversary 24 Hours of Le Mans was first revealed in February, with a 56-car grid split between four classes: LMP1, LMP2, GTE Pro and GTE Am. On Tuesday, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) put out the latest update, with the driver lineups for each car all but set. It can be viewed here.
A total of eight LMP1 cars, 22 LMP2, 12 GTE Pro and 13 GTE Am, plus the experimental Green GT LMP H2 hydrogen-powered as the “Garage 56” entrant, make up the field.
Twenty-nine of the 56 are registered as full-season entrants in the FIA World Endurance Championship, although Le Mans always features a “bumper crop” of entries.
Audi has won the last two years with Andre Lotterer, Benoit Treluyer and Marcel Fassler in versions of its R18, first the R18 TDI in 2011 and the R18 e-tron quattro hybrid a year ago.
There are 17 ex-Formula One drivers on the entry list. They include:
- LMP1: Allan McNish, Marc Gene, Lucas di Grassi (Audi), Alexander Wurz, Kazuki Nakajima, Anthony Davidson, Sebastien Buemi, Stephane Sarrazin (Toyota), Nick Heidfeld (Rebellion Lola Toyota)
- LMP2: Shinji Nakano (Delta-ADR Oreca Nissan)
- GTE Pro: Gianmaria Bruni, Giancarlo Fisichella, Kamui Kobayashi, Olivier Beretta (AF Corse Ferrari), Jan Magnussen (Corvette), Pedro Lamy, Bruno Senna (Aston Martin)
There are also nearly 20 American drivers in the field. They include:
- LMP2: Kevin Weeda (Lotus), Scott Tucker (Level 5 HPD), Alexander Rossi, Eric Lux (Greaves Zytek Nissan), Matt Downs, Rodin Younessi (Boutsen Ginion Oreca Nissan), Mark Patterson (Murphy Oreca Nissan)
- GTE Pro: Jordan Taylor (Corvette), Tommy Milner (Corvette), Tommy Kendall, Jonathan Bomarito (SRT Viper), Bill Auberlen (Aston Martin)
- GTE Am: Ricky Taylor, Cooper MacNeil (Larbre Corvette), Howard Blank (AF Corse Ferrari), Tracy Krohn (Krohn Ferrari), Patrick Dempsey, Joe Foster, Michael Avenatti (Dempsey Proton Porsche)
A handful of other names to note include Tucker’s teammates at Level 5 HPD, Marino Franchitti and Ryan Briscoe, Mike Conway (G-Drive) in his Le Mans debut and Christophe Bouchut (Lotus) in his 20th Le Mans start.
Mar 10, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
The F1 supremo is bracing for an unpredictable year in the series.
Mar 10, 2014, 6:04 PM EDT
The Ford Motor Company’s director emeritus died yesterday at 88.
Mar 10, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
The makers of the beloved NASCAR comedy filed a trademark lawsuit last week in federal court.
Mar 10, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Brad Keselowski talks about his Vegas triumph. Plus: More on Dale Jr.’s white-hot start and Jeff Burton’s breakdown on how the new rules package impacted yesterday’s race.
Mar 10, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
The Penske troops do the wing-and-beer thing in their team shop.
Mar 10, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
The new simulator, expected to be used heavily by IndyCar teams and other automotive groups, is set to be fully operational by the end of April.
Mar 10, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
The outspoken Canadian tells a pair of Italian publications that Vettel’s “not going to win this year for sure.”
Mar 10, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Five prior Melbourne winners in field as F1 begins new era this weekend.
Mar 10, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Teams will use Pirelli’s medium and soft compounds in this weekend’s F1 season opener Down Under.
Mar 10, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Big year for Pocono in terms of contribution to Pennsylvania economy.
Mar 10, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
2014 marks 10 years since Michael Schumacher’s fourth and last win in Melbourne.
Mar 10, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
David Reutimann third driver in revolving door of No. 35 FRM Ford.
Mar 10, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Race winners, top-10 finishers off to great start; three of four SHR cars among those with work to do to catch up.
Mar 10, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT
No LMP1s and mostly streamed live coverage will make for a different Sebring viewing experience this weekend.
Mar 10, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Youngest American in the field could be primed to make the “year three leap.”
Mar 10, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Tony Kanaan takes over No. 10 Target ride, and seeks a return to title contention.
Mar 9, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
A late strategy gamble pays off for Edwards with his best finish of the young Sprint Cup season.
Mar 9, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
Kyle was strong during the Kobalt 400 but faded late, while Kurt couldn’t escape mid-pack.
Mar 9, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
The Richard Childress Racing driver finishes third in a strong effort at Las Vegas.
Mar 9, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
Joey Logano was the rubber band man in Sunday’s Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Talladega Nights-inspired restaurant sued by Sony Pictures 0
- It’s happy hour at Team Penske after Vegas sweep (VIDEO) 1
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)