May 21, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The entry list for the 90th anniversary 24 Hours of Le Mans was first revealed in February, with a 56-car grid split between four classes: LMP1, LMP2, GTE Pro and GTE Am. On Tuesday, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) put out the latest update, with the driver lineups for each car all but set. It can be viewed here.
A total of eight LMP1 cars, 22 LMP2, 12 GTE Pro and 13 GTE Am, plus the experimental Green GT LMP H2 hydrogen-powered as the “Garage 56” entrant, make up the field.
Twenty-nine of the 56 are registered as full-season entrants in the FIA World Endurance Championship, although Le Mans always features a “bumper crop” of entries.
Audi has won the last two years with Andre Lotterer, Benoit Treluyer and Marcel Fassler in versions of its R18, first the R18 TDI in 2011 and the R18 e-tron quattro hybrid a year ago.
There are 17 ex-Formula One drivers on the entry list. They include:
- LMP1: Allan McNish, Marc Gene, Lucas di Grassi (Audi), Alexander Wurz, Kazuki Nakajima, Anthony Davidson, Sebastien Buemi, Stephane Sarrazin (Toyota), Nick Heidfeld (Rebellion Lola Toyota)
- LMP2: Shinji Nakano (Delta-ADR Oreca Nissan)
- GTE Pro: Gianmaria Bruni, Giancarlo Fisichella, Kamui Kobayashi, Olivier Beretta (AF Corse Ferrari), Jan Magnussen (Corvette), Pedro Lamy, Bruno Senna (Aston Martin)
There are also nearly 20 American drivers in the field. They include:
- LMP2: Kevin Weeda (Lotus), Scott Tucker (Level 5 HPD), Alexander Rossi, Eric Lux (Greaves Zytek Nissan), Matt Downs, Rodin Younessi (Boutsen Ginion Oreca Nissan), Mark Patterson (Murphy Oreca Nissan)
- GTE Pro: Jordan Taylor (Corvette), Tommy Milner (Corvette), Tommy Kendall, Jonathan Bomarito (SRT Viper), Bill Auberlen (Aston Martin)
- GTE Am: Ricky Taylor, Cooper MacNeil (Larbre Corvette), Howard Blank (AF Corse Ferrari), Tracy Krohn (Krohn Ferrari), Patrick Dempsey, Joe Foster, Michael Avenatti (Dempsey Proton Porsche)
A handful of other names to note include Tucker’s teammates at Level 5 HPD, Marino Franchitti and Ryan Briscoe, Mike Conway (G-Drive) in his Le Mans debut and Christophe Bouchut (Lotus) in his 20th Le Mans start.
Aug 29, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
Power does it again in qualifying at Sonoma.
Aug 29, 2015, 7:13 PM EDT
Oriol Servia reflects on Justin Wilson.
Aug 29, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Power is only active driver in the field with a pole since 2008 at Sonoma.
Aug 29, 2015, 4:19 PM EDT
Marquez beats his own lap record for pole position at Silverstone.
Aug 29, 2015, 2:42 PM EDT
All-American top three as track record eclipsed, unofficially, at Sonoma.
Aug 29, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Trulli looks poised to stick with its own powertrain for despite only completing seven laps in pre-season.
Aug 29, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Second practice for the Verizon IndyCar Series’ GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma is live from 10:30 a.m. PT, 1:30 p.m. ET, today on NBCSN.
Aug 29, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Bottas had been linked with a seat at Ferrari for 2016, until the team confirmed that it would be retaining Kimi Raikkonen.
Aug 29, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Lotus technical director Nick Chester reveals the cause of Maldonado’s DNF in the Belgian Grand Prix.
Aug 29, 2015, 9:03 AM EDT
Marc Lieb and Romain Dumas take Porsche to its fourth pole position of the season, edging out the sister no. 17 car.
Aug 29, 2015, 4:38 AM EDT
Marc Lieb storms to the top of the timesheets in the no. 18 Porsche, heading up a 1-2 finish in FP3.
Aug 28, 2015, 10:38 PM EDT
The title contenders sum up their chances heading into Sonoma.
Aug 28, 2015, 9:11 PM EDT
A long day on Friday ends with Will Power on top of the timesheets.
Aug 28, 2015, 8:11 PM EDT
Quick series of interviews and tributes flow in for Justin Wilson on site at Sonoma.
Aug 28, 2015, 7:16 PM EDT
The 10th place driver in NHRA Top Fuel standings gets released from his contract at DSR.
Aug 28, 2015, 6:40 PM EDT
Sage Karam speaks with reporters Friday at Sonoma Raceway.
Aug 28, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Marquez and Lorenzo continue their fight at the front of the MotoGP field in practice at Silverstone on Friday.
Aug 28, 2015, 4:09 PM EDT
IndyCar concludes its season at Sonoma this weekend.
Aug 28, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Prost and Buemi retained by the defending teams’ champion for season two.
Aug 28, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Porsche will debut a new aero kit at this weekend’s 6 Hours of Nürburgring in Germany.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5