May 21, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Michael Annett has been cleared to return after he broke his sternum in a crash at Daytona International Speedway to open the season.
Annett wrote on Twitter, “Pumped to announce I’ll be making my return to the #43 car this weekend at Charlotte. Can’t wait to get back in the seat!!!”
Annett’s crash at Daytona was a head-on impact, but was overshadowed in the wake of a massive pileup on the front straight on the last lap. That accident saw Kyle Larson’s car fly into the catch fencing, with debris being scattered into the grandstands.
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 2
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 2
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 1
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2