May 21, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Michael Annett has been cleared to return after he broke his sternum in a crash at Daytona International Speedway to open the season.
Annett wrote on Twitter, “Pumped to announce I’ll be making my return to the #43 car this weekend at Charlotte. Can’t wait to get back in the seat!!!”
Annett’s crash at Daytona was a head-on impact, but was overshadowed in the wake of a massive pileup on the front straight on the last lap. That accident saw Kyle Larson’s car fly into the catch fencing, with debris being scattered into the grandstands.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 1
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 1
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 21