May 21, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Michael Annett has been cleared to return after he broke his sternum in a crash at Daytona International Speedway to open the season.
Annett wrote on Twitter, “Pumped to announce I’ll be making my return to the #43 car this weekend at Charlotte. Can’t wait to get back in the seat!!!”
Annett’s crash at Daytona was a head-on impact, but was overshadowed in the wake of a massive pileup on the front straight on the last lap. That accident saw Kyle Larson’s car fly into the catch fencing, with debris being scattered into the grandstands.
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)