May 21, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Michael Annett has been cleared to return after he broke his sternum in a crash at Daytona International Speedway to open the season.
Annett wrote on Twitter, “Pumped to announce I’ll be making my return to the #43 car this weekend at Charlotte. Can’t wait to get back in the seat!!!”
Annett’s crash at Daytona was a head-on impact, but was overshadowed in the wake of a massive pileup on the front straight on the last lap. That accident saw Kyle Larson’s car fly into the catch fencing, with debris being scattered into the grandstands.
- WATCH LIVE: Malaysian GP FP2 at 2a ET on NBCSN and Live Extra 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 1
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 2
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2
- Can IndyCar’s next generation take it to the established veterans? 1
- Fernando Alonso talks return in Malaysian GP 3