May 21, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Three new sponsors have joined the fold for the Indianapolis 500 in the past few days.
On Monday, Angie’s List, an Indianapolis-based connection service provider, confirmed it would partner with Katherine Legge’s effort in the No. 81 Schmidt Peterson Pelfrey Motorsports Honda. Legge made the race after her deal came together on Pole Day Saturday.
“Katherine has proven to be a relentless competitor with a razor sharp focus on what she wants to accomplish,” said Angie’s List founder Angie Hicks. “We really respond to that kind of spirit around here at Angie’s List, so we’re thrilled to partner with her.”
The car livery changes from the black, orange and white to a black, green and yellow blend that match Angie’s List colors. Legge tweeted a mock-up of the livery early Tuesday (pictured). Angie’s List sponsored Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing rookie Bryan Clauson in last year’s Indianapolis 500.
KV Racing Technology – SH also announced a new partner with BSN’s new “N.O.-XPLODE” Authentic Performance and Energy Beverage. The drink will serve as a major associate sponsor on the sidepod “shark fin” of Tony Kanaan’s No. 11 Chevrolet for the Indianapolis 500 and five additional events (Detroit doubleheader, Texas, Iowa, Pocono and Mid-Ohio).
“I’ve been using N.O.-XPLODE long before they joined the team as our sponsor and I can say that it definitely pumps me up for those mornings where I don’t even want to get out of bed!” said Kanaan. “Having their continuous support boosts our team efforts to new levels.”
Buddy Lazier’s No. 91 Lazier Partners Racing Chevrolet also carried new backing over the weekend from Advance Auto Parts. The team has not altered the livery from its black and orange it had this weekend, but still could prior to this weekend.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 0
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 7
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1