May 21, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Three new sponsors have joined the fold for the Indianapolis 500 in the past few days.
On Monday, Angie’s List, an Indianapolis-based connection service provider, confirmed it would partner with Katherine Legge’s effort in the No. 81 Schmidt Peterson Pelfrey Motorsports Honda. Legge made the race after her deal came together on Pole Day Saturday.
“Katherine has proven to be a relentless competitor with a razor sharp focus on what she wants to accomplish,” said Angie’s List founder Angie Hicks. “We really respond to that kind of spirit around here at Angie’s List, so we’re thrilled to partner with her.”
The car livery changes from the black, orange and white to a black, green and yellow blend that match Angie’s List colors. Legge tweeted a mock-up of the livery early Tuesday (pictured). Angie’s List sponsored Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing rookie Bryan Clauson in last year’s Indianapolis 500.
KV Racing Technology – SH also announced a new partner with BSN’s new “N.O.-XPLODE” Authentic Performance and Energy Beverage. The drink will serve as a major associate sponsor on the sidepod “shark fin” of Tony Kanaan’s No. 11 Chevrolet for the Indianapolis 500 and five additional events (Detroit doubleheader, Texas, Iowa, Pocono and Mid-Ohio).
“I’ve been using N.O.-XPLODE long before they joined the team as our sponsor and I can say that it definitely pumps me up for those mornings where I don’t even want to get out of bed!” said Kanaan. “Having their continuous support boosts our team efforts to new levels.”
Buddy Lazier’s No. 91 Lazier Partners Racing Chevrolet also carried new backing over the weekend from Advance Auto Parts. The team has not altered the livery from its black and orange it had this weekend, but still could prior to this weekend.
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0
- Report: Roger Penske intends to keep his ‘four aces’ in IndyCar 0
- Mario Andretti gets Jay Leno up to speed — and then some 1
- NHRA: Antron Brown looks to make Top Fuel fireworks this weekend 1
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 2
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 6
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1