May 22, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
NBC Sports Network analyst Townsend Bell races Sunday in the Indianapolis 500 in the No. 60 Sunoco / “Turbo” the Movie Panther Racing Chevrolet. NBC Sports Network Formula One pit reporter Will Buxton rode along with Bell in an IndyCar two-seater prior to Buxton’s coverage of qualifying from pit road over the weekend.
Suffice to say the experience was a thrill of a lifetime for at least one of them. Buxton’s energy and enthusiasm for his first trip to IMS could not be measured, and this lap had a lot to do with it.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 14
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1