May 22, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
NBC Sports Network analyst Townsend Bell races Sunday in the Indianapolis 500 in the No. 60 Sunoco / “Turbo” the Movie Panther Racing Chevrolet. NBC Sports Network Formula One pit reporter Will Buxton rode along with Bell in an IndyCar two-seater prior to Buxton’s coverage of qualifying from pit road over the weekend.
Suffice to say the experience was a thrill of a lifetime for at least one of them. Buxton’s energy and enthusiasm for his first trip to IMS could not be measured, and this lap had a lot to do with it.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 9
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 12
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0