May 22, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
NBC Sports Network analyst Townsend Bell races Sunday in the Indianapolis 500 in the No. 60 Sunoco / “Turbo” the Movie Panther Racing Chevrolet. NBC Sports Network Formula One pit reporter Will Buxton rode along with Bell in an IndyCar two-seater prior to Buxton’s coverage of qualifying from pit road over the weekend.
Suffice to say the experience was a thrill of a lifetime for at least one of them. Buxton’s energy and enthusiasm for his first trip to IMS could not be measured, and this lap had a lot to do with it.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 3
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11