May 22, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
Adrian Sutil says Force India’s 2013 car is the best he’s had during his F1 career.
“I think so, yes,” said Sutil when asked if the VJM06 was better than the other F1 cars he has driven.
“Wherever we have gone so far the car has looked competitive – and that includes some very different tracks. It’s a good sign for the rest of the season.”
“Of course, Monaco will be the first real street circuit, but I think we will be quick there. The car is very strong in the front with a very neutral balance so it’s very drivable.”
Sutil has spent his entire grand prix career with the same team. He joined them in 2007, when they were called Spyker, before they were bought by Vijay Mallya and renamed Force India.
Sutil managed a best position of ninth in the 2001 championship before being dropped by the team and replaced by Nico Hulkenberg. But he returned to them this year and led on his comeback in Australia, eventually finishing seventh.
However he is yet to add to that points tally following a string of misfortunes. “Despite everything that has happened during the last four races, I remain positive,” he said.
“Most of the things that happened were out of my control, but still I believe we can improve certain things to avoid mistakes in the future.
“We as a team have to stay confident and work on solving these small problems. The car is fast and if we have a perfect weekend, which is our aim all the time, I’m sure the podium will come soon.”
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 2
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 2
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2