May 22, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
Adrian Sutil says Force India’s 2013 car is the best he’s had during his F1 career.
“I think so, yes,” said Sutil when asked if the VJM06 was better than the other F1 cars he has driven.
“Wherever we have gone so far the car has looked competitive – and that includes some very different tracks. It’s a good sign for the rest of the season.”
“Of course, Monaco will be the first real street circuit, but I think we will be quick there. The car is very strong in the front with a very neutral balance so it’s very drivable.”
Sutil has spent his entire grand prix career with the same team. He joined them in 2007, when they were called Spyker, before they were bought by Vijay Mallya and renamed Force India.
Sutil managed a best position of ninth in the 2001 championship before being dropped by the team and replaced by Nico Hulkenberg. But he returned to them this year and led on his comeback in Australia, eventually finishing seventh.
However he is yet to add to that points tally following a string of misfortunes. “Despite everything that has happened during the last four races, I remain positive,” he said.
“Most of the things that happened were out of my control, but still I believe we can improve certain things to avoid mistakes in the future.
“We as a team have to stay confident and work on solving these small problems. The car is fast and if we have a perfect weekend, which is our aim all the time, I’m sure the podium will come soon.”
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5