May 23, 2013, 8:09 AM EST
As Thursday’s second free practice session gets going, we look at the compounds Pirelli has brought to Monaco – the two softest compounds of soft (prime) and supersoft (alternate). Pirelli seeks more than a one-stop race for the teams and drivers this weekend, although that would be a significant reduction over the three or four seen regularly in Spain.
Mario Isola, the Pirelli racing manager, broke down the four factors used to decide which tires will be used for each race: tarmac roughness, circuit layout, weather conditions and past experience.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 3
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 4
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0