May 23, 2013, 8:09 AM EST
As Thursday’s second free practice session gets going, we look at the compounds Pirelli has brought to Monaco – the two softest compounds of soft (prime) and supersoft (alternate). Pirelli seeks more than a one-stop race for the teams and drivers this weekend, although that would be a significant reduction over the three or four seen regularly in Spain.
Mario Isola, the Pirelli racing manager, broke down the four factors used to decide which tires will be used for each race: tarmac roughness, circuit layout, weather conditions and past experience.
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 3
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4