May 23, 2013, 8:09 AM EST
As Thursday’s second free practice session gets going, we look at the compounds Pirelli has brought to Monaco – the two softest compounds of soft (prime) and supersoft (alternate). Pirelli seeks more than a one-stop race for the teams and drivers this weekend, although that would be a significant reduction over the three or four seen regularly in Spain.
Mario Isola, the Pirelli racing manager, broke down the four factors used to decide which tires will be used for each race: tarmac roughness, circuit layout, weather conditions and past experience.
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)