May 23, 2013, 8:09 AM EST
As Thursday’s second free practice session gets going, we look at the compounds Pirelli has brought to Monaco – the two softest compounds of soft (prime) and supersoft (alternate). Pirelli seeks more than a one-stop race for the teams and drivers this weekend, although that would be a significant reduction over the three or four seen regularly in Spain.
Mario Isola, the Pirelli racing manager, broke down the four factors used to decide which tires will be used for each race: tarmac roughness, circuit layout, weather conditions and past experience.
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes (10)
- Austin Dillon officially confirmed in RCR’s No. 3 for Sprint Cup (7)
- NASCAR Nation must give Austin Dillon a chance to make his own legacy (7)
- New F1 rules announced Monday create more questions than answers (6)
- Rush receives Golden Globe nominations (5)