May 24, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Venezuelan driver Johnny Cecotto Jr. has been suspended from the FIA GP2 Series sprint race in Monaco, after he was judged to have caused the first turn collision in Friday’s feature race.
Cecotto started from pole and missed his apex into Sainte Devote, with the ensuing pileup behind him affecting nine cars who were then unable to take the restart.
The GP2 races from Monaco air on NBC Sports Network on May 26 at midnight ET (Race one) and 1:30 p.m. ET (Race two).
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 3
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 3
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal 9
- Mercedes’ domination: Equivalent or different from Red Bull’s? 2
- Who is better off? 2013 vs 2014 F1 points comparison 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (11)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)