May 24, 2013, 5:35 PM EST
Venezuelan driver Johnny Cecotto Jr. has been suspended from the FIA GP2 Series sprint race in Monaco, after he was judged to have caused the first turn collision in Friday’s feature race.
Cecotto started from pole and missed his apex into Sainte Devote, with the ensuing pileup behind him affecting nine cars who were then unable to take the restart.
The GP2 races from Monaco air on NBC Sports Network on May 26 at midnight ET (Race one) and 1:30 p.m. ET (Race two).
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 2
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1