May 25, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Two-time Monaco Grand Prix winner Mark Webber is pleased to have qualified 4th for tomorrow’s race, putting himself in a position to complete his hat-trick of victories in the principality.
“Yeah I’m pretty happy with that,” the Australian driver said in a team statement. “It’s very easy to be towards the back when you have a disruptive session with those conditions, but we managed to survive all the tricky sections and put together a reasonably tidy effort.”
Unlike teammate Sebastian Vettel, Webber has no regrets over his qualifying performance, believing that he did all he could.
“You can always look at timings later and think you could have done things differently, but in the heat of the moment you make the decision as to what you think is right and overall it wasn’t too bad. The conditions are changing and the tires are tricky, so starting on the second row here is not bad. It’s a long race and a lot of strategy can unfold, so we’ll see what we can do from there.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Webber’s record in Monaco is highly impressive, making him one of the favorites to win the race tomorrow. However, with Vettel alongside him on the second row, and with Mercedes looking strong at the front, the Australian driver will have a stiff challenge if he is to claim a third win around the streets of Monte-Carlo.
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 0
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1
- Different agendas for Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr. at Homestead test 1
- NBC, NBCSN set for mega U.S. Grand Prix weekend of coverage from Austin 2
- Lewis Hamilton to join TODAY Show on Wednesday 0