May 26, 2013, 6:30 AM EST
The Monaco Grand Prix is known as the jewel in the Formula One crown, and rightly so. For the race today, one can expect the rich and famous to converge on the tiny principality in order to watch the 22 finest race drivers in the world compete for the ultimate prize in F1.
Qualifying saw Mercedes dominate once again as Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton locked out the front row for the German team. Although their one lap pace is unquestioned, their failure to win a race so far this season suggests that the race may not be over before it has begun; in Monaco, anything is possible. With the row over a tire test beginning to emerge also, there could be extra incentive for Red Bull, Lotus and Ferrari to push for the win around the tight and twisting streets.
As well as watching the race on NBCSN, you can catch the live coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra on your phone or tablet.
You can also follow the Monaco Grand Prix live via the @F1onNBCSports Twitter account, which will be providing live commentary throughout the race.
Also, be sure to visit MotorSportsTalk throughout the weekend for all of the latest news and updates from the Monaco Grand Prix.
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed 5
- Williams launches new livery, confirms Martini partnership 3
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix 4
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 5
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)
- BHA announces The Collection Auto Group and Castrol as sponsors; driver TBD (5)