May 26, 2013, 6:30 AM EDT
The Monaco Grand Prix is known as the jewel in the Formula One crown, and rightly so. For the race today, one can expect the rich and famous to converge on the tiny principality in order to watch the 22 finest race drivers in the world compete for the ultimate prize in F1.
Qualifying saw Mercedes dominate once again as Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton locked out the front row for the German team. Although their one lap pace is unquestioned, their failure to win a race so far this season suggests that the race may not be over before it has begun; in Monaco, anything is possible. With the row over a tire test beginning to emerge also, there could be extra incentive for Red Bull, Lotus and Ferrari to push for the win around the tight and twisting streets.
As well as watching the race on NBCSN, you can catch the live coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra on your phone or tablet.
You can also follow the Monaco Grand Prix live via the @F1onNBCSports Twitter account, which will be providing live commentary throughout the race.
Also, be sure to visit MotorSportsTalk throughout the weekend for all of the latest news and updates from the Monaco Grand Prix.
- Vettel suspects Mercedes of sandbagging during practice 1
- Mattiacci determined to turn around Ferrari’s failing season 4
- Hamilton recovers in FP2 to edge out Alonso and Rosberg 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Chinese GP 1
- Flashback to when a 67-second pit stop at the Indy 500 was fast vs. a modern-day F1 stop (video) 4
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)