May 26, 2013, 6:45 AM EST
There are a record-tying four women (2010, 2011) ready to take the green in the 97th running of this year’s Indianapolis 500. Simona de Silvestro is highest of them on the grid in 24th, with late field addition Katherine Legge making it into the field in 33rd.
In-between them, starting in the middle and outside of Row 10, are the first set of female teammates in the race – Dale Coyne Racing’s Ana Beatriz and Pippa Mann. Beatriz has ran the opening four races of the season in Coyne’s second car, with Mann set to make her second Indianapolis 500 start in a third Coyne entry.
Ahead of the race weekend, NBC Sports Network operations assistant Ashley Wilson had an opportunity to catch up with the two of them on how their months of May have gone, and what it has been like to work together as teammates.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 1
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1