May 26, 2013, 6:45 AM EST
There are a record-tying four women (2010, 2011) ready to take the green in the 97th running of this year’s Indianapolis 500. Simona de Silvestro is highest of them on the grid in 24th, with late field addition Katherine Legge making it into the field in 33rd.
In-between them, starting in the middle and outside of Row 10, are the first set of female teammates in the race – Dale Coyne Racing’s Ana Beatriz and Pippa Mann. Beatriz has ran the opening four races of the season in Coyne’s second car, with Mann set to make her second Indianapolis 500 start in a third Coyne entry.
Ahead of the race weekend, NBC Sports Network operations assistant Ashley Wilson had an opportunity to catch up with the two of them on how their months of May have gone, and what it has been like to work together as teammates.
Video from NASCAR America
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 0
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 20
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0