May 26, 2013, 6:45 AM EST
There are a record-tying four women (2010, 2011) ready to take the green in the 97th running of this year’s Indianapolis 500. Simona de Silvestro is highest of them on the grid in 24th, with late field addition Katherine Legge making it into the field in 33rd.
In-between them, starting in the middle and outside of Row 10, are the first set of female teammates in the race – Dale Coyne Racing’s Ana Beatriz and Pippa Mann. Beatriz has ran the opening four races of the season in Coyne’s second car, with Mann set to make her second Indianapolis 500 start in a third Coyne entry.
Ahead of the race weekend, NBC Sports Network operations assistant Ashley Wilson had an opportunity to catch up with the two of them on how their months of May have gone, and what it has been like to work together as teammates.
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes (10)
- Austin Dillon officially confirmed in RCR’s No. 3 for Sprint Cup (7)
- NASCAR Nation must give Austin Dillon a chance to make his own legacy (7)
- New F1 rules announced Monday create more questions than answers (6)
- Surprise (not really): Dale Jr. wins Sprint Cup Most Popular Driver award (5)