May 27, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Kyle Busch‘s chances of sweeping NASCAR’s Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series races at Charlotte Motor Speedway were dashed twice on Sunday night.
First, and most prominently, was when Busch’s No. 18 M&Ms Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing was struck by the errant TV cable that became detached. Busch spent the ensuing red flag taking pics of his broken car to ensure his team could fix the damage, which they did.
But once the race resumed, Busch ended out of contention after an engine issue on lap 257.
He now stands 11th in the points standings after the one-third mark of the Sprint Cup season, 12 of 36 points races complete.
- VIDEO: Vettel explains decision to not let Ricciardo past 2
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 2
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 14
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 0
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (16)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)