May 27, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Kyle Busch‘s chances of sweeping NASCAR’s Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series races at Charlotte Motor Speedway were dashed twice on Sunday night.
First, and most prominently, was when Busch’s No. 18 M&Ms Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing was struck by the errant TV cable that became detached. Busch spent the ensuing red flag taking pics of his broken car to ensure his team could fix the damage, which they did.
But once the race resumed, Busch ended out of contention after an engine issue on lap 257.
He now stands 11th in the points standings after the one-third mark of the Sprint Cup season, 12 of 36 points races complete.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 3
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 4
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0