May 27, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Kyle Busch‘s chances of sweeping NASCAR’s Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series races at Charlotte Motor Speedway were dashed twice on Sunday night.
First, and most prominently, was when Busch’s No. 18 M&Ms Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing was struck by the errant TV cable that became detached. Busch spent the ensuing red flag taking pics of his broken car to ensure his team could fix the damage, which they did.
But once the race resumed, Busch ended out of contention after an engine issue on lap 257.
He now stands 11th in the points standings after the one-third mark of the Sprint Cup season, 12 of 36 points races complete.
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)