May 27, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Kyle Busch‘s chances of sweeping NASCAR’s Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series races at Charlotte Motor Speedway were dashed twice on Sunday night.
First, and most prominently, was when Busch’s No. 18 M&Ms Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing was struck by the errant TV cable that became detached. Busch spent the ensuing red flag taking pics of his broken car to ensure his team could fix the damage, which they did.
But once the race resumed, Busch ended out of contention after an engine issue on lap 257.
He now stands 11th in the points standings after the one-third mark of the Sprint Cup season, 12 of 36 points races complete.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 19
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0