May 27, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Kyle Busch‘s chances of sweeping NASCAR’s Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series races at Charlotte Motor Speedway were dashed twice on Sunday night.
First, and most prominently, was when Busch’s No. 18 M&Ms Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing was struck by the errant TV cable that became detached. Busch spent the ensuing red flag taking pics of his broken car to ensure his team could fix the damage, which they did.
But once the race resumed, Busch ended out of contention after an engine issue on lap 257.
He now stands 11th in the points standings after the one-third mark of the Sprint Cup season, 12 of 36 points races complete.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and he wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 2
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14