May 28, 2013, 10:17 AM EST
Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali admits his team have had an up-and-down start to the season so far.
“This championship seems to be a real rollercoaster of emotions,” said Domenicali. “Following on from a good weekend comes a bad one. That was the case in the first four races outside Europe and nothing has changed now we are back on the old continent.”
Ferrari began the year with a strong second place for Fernando Alonso in Australia, but he crashed out early on in Malaysia. He bounced back with a win in China, but in Bahrain his DRS broke and team mate Felipe Massa suffered two punctured.
After that Alonso scored a joyous home win in Spain but Monaco did not go according to plan. He slumped to seventh in the race while Massa had a pair of heavy crashes.
“We didn’t get carried away when we won, nor did we beat ourselves up when things did not go as well as expected,” said Domenicali. “But from now on, it will be important to establish a consistent level of performance.”
“The championship standings are very close and the number of strong opponents is ever increasing,” he added, following Mercedes win in Monaco.
“It’s a scenario in which each point is precious and each hundredth of performance becomes important and obviously we are well aware that one less reliability problem can be very significant in terms of how the championship pans out. We have a lot of work to do in the coming days to be as well prepared as possible for Montreal.
“We have all rolled our sleeves up and are focused on the tasks that lie ahead of us.”
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 4
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 2