May 28, 2013, 9:11 AM EDT
Nico Rosberg emulated his father Keke Rosberg by winning the Monaco Grand Prix. Here are five top stats from Sunday’s race.
Second Rosberg win in Monaco
Keke Rosberg and son Nico are the first father-and-son duo to win the Monaco Grand Prix. The elder Rosberg won the race for Williams in 1983.
Two Monaco Grand Prix winners had sons who did not win the race: five-time winner Graham Hill and 1981 victory Gilles Villeneuve. Sons Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve were unable to take wins of their own.
Rosberg leads most laps
Having led all 78 laps in Monaco, Rosberg has now led more laps than any other driver in F1 this year.
He’s headed the field for a total of 92 laps. Sebastian Vettel has the next most with 86 followed by Fernando Alonso on 85.
Good weekend for Vergne
Jean-Eric Vergne had his best qualifying performance on Saturday, reaching Q3 for the first time, and equaled his best result with eighth in the race. The Toro Rosso driver now has five eighth-place finishes to his name.
Ferrari’s poor Monaco form
Given their enormous success in the sport Ferrari have a surprisingly meager haul of wins in Monaco, where they made their first world championship race start in 1950. They’ve won the race just eight times, and neither Alonso nor Felipe Massa was able to give them their first Monaco victory since 2001.
Raikkonen clings to points streak
Kimi Raikkonen scored points for the 23rd race in a row but it was a close-run thing: he only managed to salvage tenth place on the last lap.
If he finishes in the points at the next race he’ll equal Schumacher’s record of 24 points scores in a row (which was set before points were awarded for tenth place).
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3