May 28, 2013, 9:11 AM EDT
Nico Rosberg emulated his father Keke Rosberg by winning the Monaco Grand Prix. Here are five top stats from Sunday’s race.
Second Rosberg win in Monaco
Keke Rosberg and son Nico are the first father-and-son duo to win the Monaco Grand Prix. The elder Rosberg won the race for Williams in 1983.
Two Monaco Grand Prix winners had sons who did not win the race: five-time winner Graham Hill and 1981 victory Gilles Villeneuve. Sons Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve were unable to take wins of their own.
Rosberg leads most laps
Having led all 78 laps in Monaco, Rosberg has now led more laps than any other driver in F1 this year.
He’s headed the field for a total of 92 laps. Sebastian Vettel has the next most with 86 followed by Fernando Alonso on 85.
Good weekend for Vergne
Jean-Eric Vergne had his best qualifying performance on Saturday, reaching Q3 for the first time, and equaled his best result with eighth in the race. The Toro Rosso driver now has five eighth-place finishes to his name.
Ferrari’s poor Monaco form
Given their enormous success in the sport Ferrari have a surprisingly meager haul of wins in Monaco, where they made their first world championship race start in 1950. They’ve won the race just eight times, and neither Alonso nor Felipe Massa was able to give them their first Monaco victory since 2001.
Raikkonen clings to points streak
Kimi Raikkonen scored points for the 23rd race in a row but it was a close-run thing: he only managed to salvage tenth place on the last lap.
If he finishes in the points at the next race he’ll equal Schumacher’s record of 24 points scores in a row (which was set before points were awarded for tenth place).
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 2
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 7
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 4
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 3