May 31, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
Speaking from the press room here at the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit, we were mildly quacked off when the third red flag happened in this morning’s IndyCar practice on The Raceway at Belle Isle.
Of all the possible session interruptions, nobody ducking saw this one coming. It’s a definite feather in the cap for oddball interruptions.
But when a family of ducks crossed the track in Detroit, mercifully without incident, the snark on Twitter came flowing thanks to the “#NameTheTrackDuck” hashtag.
A photo of the ducks is via @PEEKAshley on Twitter. Here’s a flock of tweets that we found:
#namethetrackduck Alex Duckliani
— Amy (@OpenWheelMom) May 31, 2013
— Steph@MoreFrontWing (@99forever) May 31, 2013
— Ross Bynum (@therossbynum) May 31, 2013
— Mike Silver (@tutorindie) May 31, 2013
— MandyPitmanValentine (@Indy_Mode) May 31, 2013
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 2
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 11
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 24
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3