May 31, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
Speaking from the press room here at the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit, we were mildly quacked off when the third red flag happened in this morning’s IndyCar practice on The Raceway at Belle Isle.
Of all the possible session interruptions, nobody ducking saw this one coming. It’s a definite feather in the cap for oddball interruptions.
But when a family of ducks crossed the track in Detroit, mercifully without incident, the snark on Twitter came flowing thanks to the “#NameTheTrackDuck” hashtag.
A photo of the ducks is via @PEEKAshley on Twitter. Here’s a flock of tweets that we found:
#namethetrackduck Alex Duckliani
— Amy (@OpenWheelMom) May 31, 2013
— Steph@MoreFrontWing (@99forever) May 31, 2013
— Ross Bynum (@therossbynum) May 31, 2013
— Mike Silver (@tutorindie) May 31, 2013
— MandyPitmanValentine (@Indy_Mode) May 31, 2013
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (6)