May 31, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
Speaking from the press room here at the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit, we were mildly quacked off when the third red flag happened in this morning’s IndyCar practice on The Raceway at Belle Isle.
Of all the possible session interruptions, nobody ducking saw this one coming. It’s a definite feather in the cap for oddball interruptions.
But when a family of ducks crossed the track in Detroit, mercifully without incident, the snark on Twitter came flowing thanks to the “#NameTheTrackDuck” hashtag.
A photo of the ducks is via @PEEKAshley on Twitter. Here’s a flock of tweets that we found:
#namethetrackduck Alex Duckliani
— Amy (@OpenWheelMom) May 31, 2013
— Steph@MoreFrontWing (@99forever) May 31, 2013
— Ross Bynum (@therossbynum) May 31, 2013
— Mike Silver (@tutorindie) May 31, 2013
— MandyPitmanValentine (@Indy_Mode) May 31, 2013
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 0
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 1
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3