May 31, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
Speaking from the press room here at the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit, we were mildly quacked off when the third red flag happened in this morning’s IndyCar practice on The Raceway at Belle Isle.
Of all the possible session interruptions, nobody ducking saw this one coming. It’s a definite feather in the cap for oddball interruptions.
But when a family of ducks crossed the track in Detroit, mercifully without incident, the snark on Twitter came flowing thanks to the “#NameTheTrackDuck” hashtag.
A photo of the ducks is via @PEEKAshley on Twitter. Here’s a flock of tweets that we found:
#namethetrackduck Alex Duckliani
— Amy (@OpenWheelMom) May 31, 2013
— Steph@MoreFrontWing (@99forever) May 31, 2013
— Ross Bynum (@therossbynum) May 31, 2013
— Mike Silver (@tutorindie) May 31, 2013
— MandyPitmanValentine (@Indy_Mode) May 31, 2013
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 0
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 1
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 1
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 2
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0