May 31, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
Speaking from the press room here at the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit, we were mildly quacked off when the third red flag happened in this morning’s IndyCar practice on The Raceway at Belle Isle.
Of all the possible session interruptions, nobody ducking saw this one coming. It’s a definite feather in the cap for oddball interruptions.
But when a family of ducks crossed the track in Detroit, mercifully without incident, the snark on Twitter came flowing thanks to the “#NameTheTrackDuck” hashtag.
A photo of the ducks is via @PEEKAshley on Twitter. Here’s a flock of tweets that we found:
#namethetrackduck Alex Duckliani
— Amy (@OpenWheelMom) May 31, 2013
— Steph@MoreFrontWing (@99forever) May 31, 2013
— Ross Bynum (@therossbynum) May 31, 2013
— Mike Silver (@tutorindie) May 31, 2013
— MandyPitmanValentine (@Indy_Mode) May 31, 2013
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 0
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 11
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10