Jun 6, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
We’ve written it before this year, and we’ll try it again going into the IZOD IndyCar Series’ race this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. Can the racing gods give Alex Tagliani and Barracuda Racing a break?
Tagliani is the twice-defending pole winner at Texas, and could use any sort of golden horseshoe or lucky leprechaun appearance to turn around what has been an entirely frustrating year.
Pace in practice has often been masked by a poor draw for qualifying groups. Then in races, it seems as though there’s been a target on the back of the No. 98 Barracuda Honda for Bryan Herta’s team. That was evident last weekend in Detroit, when in both races contact from other cars sent him into the wall.
“It was a pretty disappointing and shocking weekend for Barracuda Racing in Detroit,” Tagliani admitted. “Having had a really good racecar, I have to say it’s probably one of the most heart-breaking weekends this team has had.
“We were involved in multiple incidents. We were always at the wrong place at the wrong time and we couldn’t really capitalize on how strong the Barracuda Racing car was. I guess we’re lucky in a sense, that Texas is right around the corner and we don’t have to wait too much to get back on track.”
That’s just more motivation to come out firing at the track where the winner shoots pistols from Victory Lane.
“I’m hopeful that we can have an amazing weekend at Texas Motor Speedway,” Tagliani said. “Last year we were on the pole. We think we know what to do to the car to make it even more competitive this year, so it should be an exciting weekend.”
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 9
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 2
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6