Jun 8, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
Mark Webber and Valtteri Bottas have both received a reprimand after failing to slow down under yellow flags during FP1 on Friday.
The session was marred by wet weather, but it dried out sufficiently towards the end of the 90 minutes to allow some dry running. However, Pastor Maldonado was caught out by the conditions and crashed into the barrier at turn 3, bringing out the yellow flags whilst his car was recovered.
Although Webber was sure that he did slow down, the stewards called him to their office in order to analyze the incident, and they eventually decided to hand the Red Bull driver a reprimand.
Bottas, Maldonado’s teammate, was also found to have failed to restrict his speed, and was given the same penalty.
This reprimand is Webber’s second of the season, with drivers facing an automatic grid drop should they receive three within one year.
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 0
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview 0
- James Hinchcliffe on the comeback trail for IndyCar driving return 0
- Bottas and Massa to remain with Williams for 2016 1
- Here are your TV times for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- James Hinchcliffe describes how inspired he was by Justin Wilson 1
- Dixon: “I don’t think anybody had a stellar season” 13