Jun 8, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
Mark Webber and Valtteri Bottas have both received a reprimand after failing to slow down under yellow flags during FP1 on Friday.
The session was marred by wet weather, but it dried out sufficiently towards the end of the 90 minutes to allow some dry running. However, Pastor Maldonado was caught out by the conditions and crashed into the barrier at turn 3, bringing out the yellow flags whilst his car was recovered.
Although Webber was sure that he did slow down, the stewards called him to their office in order to analyze the incident, and they eventually decided to hand the Red Bull driver a reprimand.
Bottas, Maldonado’s teammate, was also found to have failed to restrict his speed, and was given the same penalty.
This reprimand is Webber’s second of the season, with drivers facing an automatic grid drop should they receive three within one year.
- WATCH LIVE: Belgian GP qualifying – can anyone stop Mercedes? 0
- Bottas breaks Mercedes’ stranglehold at Spa by topping FP3 0
- Ryan Blaney passes Kyle Busch on final restart, hangs on to win Nationwide race at Bristol 1
- Kevin Harvick edges Jeff Gordon for Bristol Sprint Cup pole 1
- Will A.J. Allmendinger seek payback for Brad Daugherty’s practical joke? 1
- 2015 NASCAR Schedule to be Revealed Tuesday, 5 p.m. ET, on special NASCAR AMERICA 0
- Rossi disappointed, but diplomatic, after Marussia no-go 1