Jun 12, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
It wasn’t the most exciting IndyCar race in Texas Motor Speedway history, but it was certainly one that Helio Castroneves and Team Penske will look back upon fondly. On a night where almost everybody else struggled with their tires and less downforce, Castroneves and his team found the perfect set-up and turned the Firestone 550 into a cakewalk.
As a result, the Brazilian became the all-time winningest IndyCar driver at Texas, claiming his fourth career win at the 1.5-mile high-banked oval. It also propelled him into the IZOD IndyCar Series championship lead by 22 points going into this Saturday’s Milwaukee IndyFest at the Milwaukee Mile (4 pm ET, NBC Sports Network/NBC Sports Live Extra).
However, the victory was slightly dampened yesterday with the news that his team had been penalized for an underwing violation on Castroneves’ race-winning No. 3 Chevrolet, costing them 15 entrant points and a $35,000 fine; his driver points were not affected.
Check out all the highlights from last Saturday night’s race in Texas above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 9
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5