Jun 12, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
It wasn’t the most exciting IndyCar race in Texas Motor Speedway history, but it was certainly one that Helio Castroneves and Team Penske will look back upon fondly. On a night where almost everybody else struggled with their tires and less downforce, Castroneves and his team found the perfect set-up and turned the Firestone 550 into a cakewalk.
As a result, the Brazilian became the all-time winningest IndyCar driver at Texas, claiming his fourth career win at the 1.5-mile high-banked oval. It also propelled him into the IZOD IndyCar Series championship lead by 22 points going into this Saturday’s Milwaukee IndyFest at the Milwaukee Mile (4 pm ET, NBC Sports Network/NBC Sports Live Extra).
However, the victory was slightly dampened yesterday with the news that his team had been penalized for an underwing violation on Castroneves’ race-winning No. 3 Chevrolet, costing them 15 entrant points and a $35,000 fine; his driver points were not affected.
Check out all the highlights from last Saturday night’s race in Texas above.
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 1