Jun 13, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Although it has yet to be confirmed directly by the team, Ana Beatriz will return to the No. 18 Dale Coyne Racing Honda for this weekend’s IZOD IndyCar Series race at Milwaukee.
The eponymous team owner is not yet on the premises here at The Milwaukee Mile, but Beatriz’s name is on the driver cockpit, helmet on site and her hero flag banner out but not yet unfurled in the paddock.
Beatriz raced the first five events of the 2013 season, with a best finish of 14th at Long Beach and the most spots gained at the Indianapolis 500 (29th to 15th). The car is back in the yellow, red and blue colors last piloted by Mike Conway at Detroit, after the red and white Cyclops Gear car came out at Texas last week for Pippa Mann.
Here are some other news and notes from the paddock:
- The Firestone Indy Lights Series’ remaining TBA for this race, the second Team Moore Racing entry (No. 22), is unlikely to be filled for Milwaukee. It has had four different drivers in as many races to start the year (Ethan Ringel, Victor Carbone, Mikael Grenier, Jimmy Simpson). If it does not run, that would leave the field at a year-low of just eight cars for the 100-lap race.
- The infield at the Milwaukee Mile is packed. A mix of festival events, carnival rides, vendors, and the IndyCar Fan Village should offer a bevy of options for fans and families when they arrive at the track.
- The backstraight signage, which had been adorned with GoDaddy sponsorship last year, is now dark blue to feature RC Cola, sponsor of Marco Andretti’s No. 25 Andretti Autosport entry.
Apr 1, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
A double pole, double win debut weekend for Trevor Carlin’s team was a statement – but the team’s big takeaway was how different the U.S. environment is.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Helio Castroneves pulls an April Fool’s prank.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A challenging weekend for Scott Dixon occurs from qualifying through the race in St. Petersburg.
Apr 1, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Pierre Gasly to test STR10 after Spanish Grand Prix weekend in May.
Apr 1, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
While St. Petersburg had its positives as a weekend, Tony DiZinno reflects on two disconcerting themes that emerged from the race itself.
Apr 1, 2015, 10:54 AM EDT
ABC Supply steps up again, now as Pocono race title sponsor.
Apr 1, 2015, 10:03 AM EDT
Alexander Rossi looks ahead to the upcoming GP2 season.
Mar 31, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
Off the Grid Mexico kicks off with episode one of a six-part digital series.
Mar 31, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
Jann Mardenborough and two spectators were released after this weekend’s VLN crash at the Nurburgring.
Mar 31, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Subaru’s Red Bull GRC challenger revealed.
Mar 31, 2015, 1:52 PM EDT
ESM recaps its test from the Prologue at Paul Ricard.
Mar 31, 2015, 12:47 PM EDT
IMS statement comes out after Indiana’s recent religious freedom legislation.
Mar 31, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Catching up on the rest of the action from St. Petersburg, with a run through the moments of contact that triggered avoidable contact penalties.
Mar 31, 2015, 10:11 AM EDT
Rolling Stones to play at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Mar 31, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
Loose debris hit by a car, then goes over wall and hits a fan outside Turn 10 at St. Petersburg.
Mar 30, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Hawksworth, Filippi impress on opening outings with their new teams in St. Petersburg.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
IndyCar’s “old guard” reigned in St. Petersburg, as the new manufacturer aero kits debuted.
Mar 30, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Victory number 70 of the Italian’s remarkable Moto GP career.
Mar 30, 2015, 1:35 PM EDT
However, Williams test driver Susie Wolff believes that women should be reaching F1 in a more organic way.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
KVSH’s Bourdais gets result after a consistent drive; KV’s Coletti stars but fades after late race splash-and-dash for fuel.
- DiZinno: St. Pete provides solid 2015 season kickoff, but issues some warning signs 1
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 4
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 3
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6