Jun 13, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Although it has yet to be confirmed directly by the team, Ana Beatriz will return to the No. 18 Dale Coyne Racing Honda for this weekend’s IZOD IndyCar Series race at Milwaukee.
The eponymous team owner is not yet on the premises here at The Milwaukee Mile, but Beatriz’s name is on the driver cockpit, helmet on site and her hero flag banner out but not yet unfurled in the paddock.
Beatriz raced the first five events of the 2013 season, with a best finish of 14th at Long Beach and the most spots gained at the Indianapolis 500 (29th to 15th). The car is back in the yellow, red and blue colors last piloted by Mike Conway at Detroit, after the red and white Cyclops Gear car came out at Texas last week for Pippa Mann.
Here are some other news and notes from the paddock:
- The Firestone Indy Lights Series’ remaining TBA for this race, the second Team Moore Racing entry (No. 22), is unlikely to be filled for Milwaukee. It has had four different drivers in as many races to start the year (Ethan Ringel, Victor Carbone, Mikael Grenier, Jimmy Simpson). If it does not run, that would leave the field at a year-low of just eight cars for the 100-lap race.
- The infield at the Milwaukee Mile is packed. A mix of festival events, carnival rides, vendors, and the IndyCar Fan Village should offer a bevy of options for fans and families when they arrive at the track.
- The backstraight signage, which had been adorned with GoDaddy sponsorship last year, is now dark blue to feature RC Cola, sponsor of Marco Andretti’s No. 25 Andretti Autosport entry.
Oct 1, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Jimmie Johnson not a fan of the “under the radar” terminology.
Oct 1, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
A P2 penalty issued to No. 20 NASCAR Truck team upheld after appeal.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Bailiffs seize goods at Leafield, but Caterham issues a statement saying that it is business as usual.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America goes in-depth with all 12 drivers in Round 2 of the Chase for the Sprint Cup, also known as the Contenders Round.
Report: Australian-owned team, driver and sponsor to debut in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in 2015
Oct 1, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
While Marcos Ambrose is returning to his native Australia after this season, a new Australian-owned team is set to make its debut in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series next season, complete with an Australian-born driver and Aussie primary sponsor.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
Bill Elliott figured real estate would be a good investment many years ago, and did that belief ever pay off for the soon-to-be NASCAR Hall of Famer.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Kawasaki officially announced that reigning supercross champion Ryan Villopoto will head to Europe next year to race the MXGP series. Davi Millsaps and Wil Hahn will replace him on the American Monster Energy Kawasaki team.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
He’s reached the fourth round of Dancing With The Stars, but will NASCAR’s Michael Waltrip and partner Emma Slater make it to the fifth round?
Oct 1, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Jeff Gordon is now just three top-10 finishes away from tying Mark Martin for second most top-10s in a career. And in an ironic twist, Gordon is still seeking his first pole at this Sunday’s race venue, Kansas Motor Speedway.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
More details revealed ahead of Honda’s return to F1 in 2015 with McLaren.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
Clint Bowyer’s officially a father.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:16 AM EDT
Veteran NASCAR crew chief Mike Ford has joined Athenian Motorsports, the Nationwide Series team announced Wednesday.
Oct 1, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
Sauber confirms that her testing programme has been scrapped due to “financial reasons”.
Sep 30, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
“Driver 88″ discusses his performance issues in the Challenger Round with NASCAR AMERICA’s Rick Allen.
Sep 30, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
How do you prepare for two races and then a free-for-all at Talladega? Rick Allen and Kyle Petty of NASCAR AMERICA discuss.
Sep 30, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Also: Crew chief in same series fined, put on probation for car weight issue from last weekend at Dover.
Sep 30, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Williams’ gap on Ferrari for third in the Constructors’ Championship is down to nine points going into this weekend’s Japanese Grand Prix.
Sep 30, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Also coming up today: A closer look at the Contender Round tracks and who’s been successful at them; Joe Gibbs Racing focusing on continued momentum at Kansas; more radio goodness with the Dover Chase edition of “Scan All 43.”
Sep 30, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Sixteenth in the 2014 IndyCar season was rookie Mikhail Aleshin, ever the fighter.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Agag hopes for “three or four different makers of motors and batteries” during F-E’s second season.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 1
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 6
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 23
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3