Jun 13, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Although it has yet to be confirmed directly by the team, Ana Beatriz will return to the No. 18 Dale Coyne Racing Honda for this weekend’s IZOD IndyCar Series race at Milwaukee.
The eponymous team owner is not yet on the premises here at The Milwaukee Mile, but Beatriz’s name is on the driver cockpit, helmet on site and her hero flag banner out but not yet unfurled in the paddock.
Beatriz raced the first five events of the 2013 season, with a best finish of 14th at Long Beach and the most spots gained at the Indianapolis 500 (29th to 15th). The car is back in the yellow, red and blue colors last piloted by Mike Conway at Detroit, after the red and white Cyclops Gear car came out at Texas last week for Pippa Mann.
Here are some other news and notes from the paddock:
- The Firestone Indy Lights Series’ remaining TBA for this race, the second Team Moore Racing entry (No. 22), is unlikely to be filled for Milwaukee. It has had four different drivers in as many races to start the year (Ethan Ringel, Victor Carbone, Mikael Grenier, Jimmy Simpson). If it does not run, that would leave the field at a year-low of just eight cars for the 100-lap race.
- The infield at the Milwaukee Mile is packed. A mix of festival events, carnival rides, vendors, and the IndyCar Fan Village should offer a bevy of options for fans and families when they arrive at the track.
- The backstraight signage, which had been adorned with GoDaddy sponsorship last year, is now dark blue to feature RC Cola, sponsor of Marco Andretti’s No. 25 Andretti Autosport entry.
Aug 21, 2014, 10:11 PM EDT
Dale Earnhardt Jr’s crew chief, Steve Letarte, joined NASCAR America on Thursday to talk about the different feeling that Bristol Motor Speedway has and goes over the strategy his team has for the race.
Aug 21, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Mazda Road to Indy titles will be decided in Sonoma this weekend.
Chase Elliott, Kyle Larson pace NNS practices; Milka Duno seeks to become first Latina to qualify for a NASCAR event
Aug 21, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
Chase Elliott and Kyle Larson topped Thursday afternoon’s pair of Nationwide Series practice sessions at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Aug 21, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
After the popularity of the team’s drivers, the next most popular thing around Team Penske is The Penske Files, especially editions that contain bloopers. Check out the latest edition of TPF bloopers!
WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 6:30 p.m. ET — Steve Letarte, Tennessee racing history, Truck race highlights
Aug 21, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
Thursday’s edition of NASCAR America, which airs LIVE at 6:30 pm ET, will cover a lot of ground, including Dale Earnhardt Jr. crew chief (and future NASCAR on NBC analyst) Steve Letarte, breaking down and the history of Bristol Motor Speedway and lots more.
Aug 21, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Russian Grand Prix set to be held in Sochi in six weeks’ time after the track is given a license.
Aug 21, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Catch this sneak preview of Off The Grid: Budapest ahead of tomorrow’s premiere.
Aug 21, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
As impressive as many of F1’s new builds are, we must remember the likes of Spa and Monza when looking to the future of the sport.
Aug 21, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Ferrari’s lead driver has high hopes for the second half of the season.
Aug 21, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The MST writing team makes its predictions ahead of this weekend’s race at Spa.
Aug 21, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Hard as it may seem to believe, Brad Keselowski had never won a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in his career. That was before Thursday’s UNOH 200 at Bristol, where Keselowski dominated en route to the checkered flag.
Aug 21, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
Finnish driver yet to be confirmed at Williams for 2015, but sees no reason to look elsewhere for a seat.
Aug 21, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
All your TV times for F1, IndyCar, Red Bull Global Rallycross and more for this weekend’s motorsports action across NBC, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Aug 21, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Chilton benched whilst his contractual issues are resolved, allowing Rossi to become the first American since Scott Speed in 2007 to race in a grand prix.
Aug 21, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
The rescheduled UNOH 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway is underway Thursday morning.
Aug 21, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Three-time Le Mans winner to make his F1 debut with Caterham this weekend at the Belgian Grand Prix.
Aug 21, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Sauber driver is open to the idea of a 17-year-old racing in F1, and hopes to be on the grid with him next season.
Aug 21, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Compared to F1 hopefuls and/or retreads, seeing a relative outsider in Andre Lotterer make his debut this weekend is a welcome change of pace.
Aug 21, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
After a three-week summer break, what better way to welcome Formula 1 back than with the Belgian Grand Prix?
Aug 20, 2014, 10:11 PM EDT
Wednesday’s UNOH 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway has been postponed due to heavy rain and lightning. The race has been rescheduled to 10 am ET on Thursday morning, weather permitting.
Video from NASCAR America
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0
- Alexander Rossi to make F1 debut in Belgium, replaces Chilton 6
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 5
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 17
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 6
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12