Jun 13, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
Although it has yet to be confirmed directly by the team, Ana Beatriz will return to the No. 18 Dale Coyne Racing Honda for this weekend’s IZOD IndyCar Series race at Milwaukee.
The eponymous team owner is not yet on the premises here at The Milwaukee Mile, but Beatriz’s name is on the driver cockpit, helmet on site and her hero flag banner out but not yet unfurled in the paddock.
Beatriz raced the first five events of the 2013 season, with a best finish of 14th at Long Beach and the most spots gained at the Indianapolis 500 (29th to 15th). The car is back in the yellow, red and blue colors last piloted by Mike Conway at Detroit, after the red and white Cyclops Gear car came out at Texas last week for Pippa Mann.
Here are some other news and notes from the paddock:
- The Firestone Indy Lights Series’ remaining TBA for this race, the second Team Moore Racing entry (No. 22), is unlikely to be filled for Milwaukee. It has had four different drivers in as many races to start the year (Ethan Ringel, Victor Carbone, Mikael Grenier, Jimmy Simpson). If it does not run, that would leave the field at a year-low of just eight cars for the 100-lap race.
- The infield at the Milwaukee Mile is packed. A mix of festival events, carnival rides, vendors, and the IndyCar Fan Village should offer a bevy of options for fans and families when they arrive at the track.
- The backstraight signage, which had been adorned with GoDaddy sponsorship last year, is now dark blue to feature RC Cola, sponsor of Marco Andretti’s No. 25 Andretti Autosport entry.
Dec 22, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Truex’s first year with Furniture Row Racing was largely disappointing.
Dec 22, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Ambrose narrowly missed clinching a Chase berth after his epic battle at the Glen with A.J. Allmendinger.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
A quick roundup of who’s where at the moment in Indy Lights, Pro Mazda and USF2000.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
IMSA’s Scot Elkins joins MRTI as race director.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
The New Year’s Eve IndyCar is revealed.
Dec 22, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
In interview, Carl Edwards sets some high goals for himself in first year with JGR.
Dec 22, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
Bullins up to the Cup level as crew chief of Blaney’s No. 21.
Dec 21, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Junior speaks highly, already, of new crew chief Greg Ives.
Dec 21, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Ex-Sauber driver Adrian Sutil calls out F1 pay-driver situation, although it could just be a case of sour grapes.
Dec 21, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
A number of tweaks are coming for the global sports car racing series.
Dec 21, 2014, 4:58 PM EST
Going back to his dirt track roots, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished eighth in the fifth annual Great Clips Battle at the Center in DuQuoin, Ill., on Saturday.
Dec 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
The XFINITY Series driver for Richard Childress Racing marries girlfriend Haley Carey.
UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it
Dec 21, 2014, 2:54 PM EST
With just 40 less horsepower than a 2015 Sprint Cup car, the new Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is VERY powerful. One new Hellcat owner, who bought it just one hour earlier, found out the hard way about all that power.
Dec 21, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
The Outlaw takes on the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 in the same day.
Dec 21, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Vickers made his full-time return to Sprint Cup action in 2014, which in itself was a victory.
Dec 21, 2014, 12:26 PM EST
Paul Menard had a decent season at times in 2014, but fell short of making the Chase in the final qualifying race.
Dec 20, 2014, 11:42 PM EST
New York State’s Empire Racing took the three fastest spots as ARCA completed a two-day open test at Daytona International Speedway.
Dec 20, 2014, 9:11 PM EST
See NHRA great John Force like you’ve never seen him in this video, shot mainly through the eyes of his grandsons Jacob and Noah.
Dec 20, 2014, 8:16 PM EST
Dr. Dick Berggren will receive yet another prestigious honor in his career. He’ll be inducted into the Maine Motorsports Hall of Fame in April 2015.
Dec 20, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
The staff at New Hampshire Motor Speedway got into the holiday spirit, caroling with a unique NASCAR twist in a newly-released video.
Video from NASCAR America
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 2
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1