Jun 13, 2013, 9:16 AM EST
With the news of Jason Leffler’s death being confirmed late last night, the shockwaves went through the NASCAR community over an extended period of time. Some drivers heard the news when it was announced, while others have just woke up this Thursday morning to hear of the passing of Leffler, at age 37.
Much of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series field took to Twitter to share their thoughts and memories of the driver they called “LEFturn” – a pure bred racer who made a much bigger impact than perhaps you’d realize on the surface. The picture in this post is of Leffler racing against Brad Keselowski in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series last year – Leffler drove for Kyle Busch.
Some tweets from the NASCAR driving community are below, and we should note that this is merely a sampling, not an exhaustive list.
Really sad for Jason Leffler and his family. Thinking about his little boy… 😕😓
— Brad Keselowski (@keselowski) June 13, 2013
Still unbelievable this mornin. Prayin for Jason’s family and son!! And the racing community!! Great father and racer!! Loved it all!
— Kyle Busch (@KyleBusch) June 13, 2013
I’m completely devastated to hear a bout Jason Leffler. It doesn’t seem real. Pray for his family tonight
Extremely sad to hear about @jasonleffler. spent a lot of time racing with him. Gone way too soon. Prayers to his entire family.
Very sad to hear the news of Jason Leffler. He will be missed. Thoughts go out to wife Allison and son Charlie.
4 Race car drivers immortality is a way of life. 1 day we find 1 of us 2 be mortal is a day in which we struggle 2 comprehend@jasonleffler
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 0
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1