Jun 13, 2013, 9:16 AM EDT
With the news of Jason Leffler’s death being confirmed late last night, the shockwaves went through the NASCAR community over an extended period of time. Some drivers heard the news when it was announced, while others have just woke up this Thursday morning to hear of the passing of Leffler, at age 37.
Much of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series field took to Twitter to share their thoughts and memories of the driver they called “LEFturn” – a pure bred racer who made a much bigger impact than perhaps you’d realize on the surface. The picture in this post is of Leffler racing against Brad Keselowski in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series last year – Leffler drove for Kyle Busch.
Some tweets from the NASCAR driving community are below, and we should note that this is merely a sampling, not an exhaustive list.
Really sad for Jason Leffler and his family. Thinking about his little boy… 😕😓
— Brad Keselowski (@keselowski) June 13, 2013
Still unbelievable this mornin. Prayin for Jason’s family and son!! And the racing community!! Great father and racer!! Loved it all!
— Kyle Busch (@KyleBusch) June 13, 2013
I’m completely devastated to hear a bout Jason Leffler. It doesn’t seem real. Pray for his family tonight
Extremely sad to hear about @jasonleffler. spent a lot of time racing with him. Gone way too soon. Prayers to his entire family.
Very sad to hear the news of Jason Leffler. He will be missed. Thoughts go out to wife Allison and son Charlie.
4 Race car drivers immortality is a way of life. 1 day we find 1 of us 2 be mortal is a day in which we struggle 2 comprehend@jasonleffler
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2