Jun 13, 2013, 9:16 AM EDT
With the news of Jason Leffler’s death being confirmed late last night, the shockwaves went through the NASCAR community over an extended period of time. Some drivers heard the news when it was announced, while others have just woke up this Thursday morning to hear of the passing of Leffler, at age 37.
Much of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series field took to Twitter to share their thoughts and memories of the driver they called “LEFturn” – a pure bred racer who made a much bigger impact than perhaps you’d realize on the surface. The picture in this post is of Leffler racing against Brad Keselowski in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series last year – Leffler drove for Kyle Busch.
Some tweets from the NASCAR driving community are below, and we should note that this is merely a sampling, not an exhaustive list.
Really sad for Jason Leffler and his family. Thinking about his little boy… 😕😓
— Brad Keselowski (@keselowski) June 13, 2013
Still unbelievable this mornin. Prayin for Jason’s family and son!! And the racing community!! Great father and racer!! Loved it all!
— Kyle Busch (@KyleBusch) June 13, 2013
I’m completely devastated to hear a bout Jason Leffler. It doesn’t seem real. Pray for his family tonight
Extremely sad to hear about @jasonleffler. spent a lot of time racing with him. Gone way too soon. Prayers to his entire family.
Very sad to hear the news of Jason Leffler. He will be missed. Thoughts go out to wife Allison and son Charlie.
4 Race car drivers immortality is a way of life. 1 day we find 1 of us 2 be mortal is a day in which we struggle 2 comprehend@jasonleffler
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 0
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 0
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 0
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 2