Jun 13, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Silverstone race circuit has today confirmed that there will be two DRS zones at this year’s British Grand Prix, following the trend set by the majority of other tracks so far this season.
The news was confirmed from the circuit’s official Twitter account, stating: News just in!! We will have 2 DRS zones for the #BritishGP this year: Wellington Straight and Hangar Straight!”
This is one more than last season, which saw the Wellington Straight used as the sole DRS zone. The use of the Hangar Straight will please many fans who prefer the ‘old’ Silverstone circuit; the Wellington Straight only came into use at the grand prix in 2010.
News just in!! We will have 2 DRS zones for the #BritishGP this year: Wellington Straight and Hangar Straight!
— Silverstone (@SilverstoneUK) June 13, 2013
However, this move will also see DRS become increasingly powerful at the race thanks to the circuit’s high-speed nature, as witnessed at last weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix, particularly perturbing many ‘purists’ who believe that DRS has a detrimental effect on the sport.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 1
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 18
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 1
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 5
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1