Jun 14, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
From the redundancy department, Marco Andretti and Ryan Hunter-Reay were once again 1-2 in practice two for the IZOD IndyCar Series’ Milwaukee IndyFest. The Andretti Autosport teammates also led this morning’s session, at slower speeds.
Temperatures were warmer this afternoon (73 ambient, 106 track compared to 66 and 87 this morning, per Firestone Racing). Andretti’s best lap this afternoon was 168.534 mph, with Hunter-Reay and Takuma Sato also in the 168 range. Dario Franchitti took last year’s pole position at 168.737 mph.
E.J. Viso and Scott Dixon completed the top five, with Helio Castroneves, Justin Wilson, James Jakes, Alex Tagliani and 2006 Milwaukee winner Sebastien Bourdais rounding out the top 10.
Franchitti just missed the top 10 in P11, Will Power was just 17th, with series returnees Ryan Briscoe (16th) and Ana Beatriz (19th) down the charts in this session.
The field was much more spread out this session. More than eight tenths (0.8573) separated spots 1-22, with Charlie Kimball and Ed Carpenter more than a second off the pace.
Qualifying occurs at 4:15 p.m. CT (5:15 p.m. ET), and you can see qualifying coverage at 7 p.m. ET on the NBC Sports Network.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 0
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 1
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 1
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 2
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0