Jun 14, 2013, 3:14 PM EST
From the redundancy department, Marco Andretti and Ryan Hunter-Reay were once again 1-2 in practice two for the IZOD IndyCar Series’ Milwaukee IndyFest. The Andretti Autosport teammates also led this morning’s session, at slower speeds.
Temperatures were warmer this afternoon (73 ambient, 106 track compared to 66 and 87 this morning, per Firestone Racing). Andretti’s best lap this afternoon was 168.534 mph, with Hunter-Reay and Takuma Sato also in the 168 range. Dario Franchitti took last year’s pole position at 168.737 mph.
E.J. Viso and Scott Dixon completed the top five, with Helio Castroneves, Justin Wilson, James Jakes, Alex Tagliani and 2006 Milwaukee winner Sebastien Bourdais rounding out the top 10.
Franchitti just missed the top 10 in P11, Will Power was just 17th, with series returnees Ryan Briscoe (16th) and Ana Beatriz (19th) down the charts in this session.
The field was much more spread out this session. More than eight tenths (0.8573) separated spots 1-22, with Charlie Kimball and Ed Carpenter more than a second off the pace.
Qualifying occurs at 4:15 p.m. CT (5:15 p.m. ET), and you can see qualifying coverage at 7 p.m. ET on the NBC Sports Network.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 7
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0