Jun 14, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Scuderia Ferrari and Marussia F1 Team have both taken part in the Jerusalem Peace Road Show, undertaking show runs in front of over 180,000 fans as part of an event to promote motorsport and unite people in the region.
Giancarlo Fisichella got behind the wheel of Ferrari’s 2009 car, the F60, whilst Rodolfo Gonzalez represented Marussia at the event which was hosted along a 2.8km route in the historic city.
Fisichella last raced in F1 for Ferrari in 2009, and has become a part of their test and endurance racing programme since then, with the Italian driver relishing events such as this.
“Even if I’m not racing in Grands Prix anymore, I still get to drive fantastic cars like the Ferrari Formula 1 in events like this, but I don’t believe I’ve ever experienced such a special atmosphere as here in Jerusalem,” Fisichella said on the team’s website. “These have been historic days and unforgettable ones for me.”
Now though, three-time GP winner Fisichella will return to Europe for the 24 Hours of Le Mans where American driver Alexander Rossi will also be competing.
“I’m now dashing back to Italy to prepare for the most important racing event of my career, the Le Mans 24 Hours, which takes place next weekend, when I will race an AF Corse 458 GT2.
“It is one of the most important races in the world and winning it last year was one of the best moments of my career.”
- After safety concerns, NASCAR announces changes to qualifying 0
- Red Bull’s Horner says Mercedes could lap field twice in Oz 0
- Complete 2014 F1 on NBC Sports TV Times, Schedule 0
- Keselowski’s crew chief on cooldown issue: “It’s a tough spot” 1
- IndyCar’s “nearly” man, Justin Wilson, set to overachieve once more 0
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 (5)
- The Dos Equis guy will give NASCAR’s start your engines command in Las Vegas (5)