Jun 14, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
Mercedes director Toto Wolff is not bothered by Lewis Hamilton’s failure to win a race so far in 2013, believing that it is too early in the season to write off his chances.
Hamilton has scored three podiums in 2013, but teammate Nico Rosberg has already won a race – the Monaco Grand Prix – causing many to question the 2008 world champion’s pace. However, Wolff is sure that Hamilton will bounce back, although he concedes that the Briton may have been surprised by Rosberg’s results.
“A lot had been written about it not being clear what Nico’s pace was compared to Michael. Now, he has proved that he is really fast, and it’s surprised Lewis, but I don’t think it’s a problem,” Wolff told Totalrace.
“We saw just how much in Canada, where he [Hamilton] would have been on pole if not for the braking error. I think we will see great races from Lewis. I have no doubt. I don’t think there’s any reason to say that he’s having a problem or difficulties.”
Wolff believes that, for Hamilton, it is just a case of settling into the Mercedes setup.
“It’s too early in the season. He’s just starting with the team while Nico has been here for years.”
Hamilton will be keen on breaking his duck at the next race, the British Grand Prix, which he won in front of his home fans in 2008.
Video from NASCAR America
- McLaren reveals Honda-powered MP4-30 for 2015 F1 season 0
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25