Jun 15, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
The funeral for USAC and NASCAR national series veteran Jason Leffler will take place this coming Wednesday afternoon in Cornelius, North Carolina. Leffler, 37, died this past Wednesday night following a sprint car accident at New Jersey’s Bridgeport Speedway, leaving behind a five-year-old son, Charlie.
A trust fund has been set up for the young boy, and in lieu of sending flowers to Leffler’s service, people are being asked to donate to the fund at:
The Charlie Dean Leffler Discretionary Trust
c/o SunTrust Bank
232 Williamson Road
Mooresville, NC 28117
According to USAToday.com’s Mike Hembree, the fund is being administered by Turner Scott Motorsports co-owner Harry Scott, former Braun Racing owner Todd Braun and Great Clips chief financial officer Steve Overholser.
The New Jersey State Police’s investigation into the crash that killed Leffler remains ongoing. Results of an autopsy that were released on Thursday revealed that the driver died from a blunt force neck injury he sustained after hitting the wall in the crash.
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1