Jun 15, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
The funeral for USAC and NASCAR national series veteran Jason Leffler will take place this coming Wednesday afternoon in Cornelius, North Carolina. Leffler, 37, died this past Wednesday night following a sprint car accident at New Jersey’s Bridgeport Speedway, leaving behind a five-year-old son, Charlie.
A trust fund has been set up for the young boy, and in lieu of sending flowers to Leffler’s service, people are being asked to donate to the fund at:
The Charlie Dean Leffler Discretionary Trust
c/o SunTrust Bank
232 Williamson Road
Mooresville, NC 28117
According to USAToday.com’s Mike Hembree, the fund is being administered by Turner Scott Motorsports co-owner Harry Scott, former Braun Racing owner Todd Braun and Great Clips chief financial officer Steve Overholser.
The New Jersey State Police’s investigation into the crash that killed Leffler remains ongoing. Results of an autopsy that were released on Thursday revealed that the driver died from a blunt force neck injury he sustained after hitting the wall in the crash.
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes (10)
- Mark Miles talks about the road ahead for IndyCar (8)
- Rick Allen named lead NASCAR announcer for NBC Sports (6)