Jun 15, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
The funeral for USAC and NASCAR national series veteran Jason Leffler will take place this coming Wednesday afternoon in Cornelius, North Carolina. Leffler, 37, died this past Wednesday night following a sprint car accident at New Jersey’s Bridgeport Speedway, leaving behind a five-year-old son, Charlie.
A trust fund has been set up for the young boy, and in lieu of sending flowers to Leffler’s service, people are being asked to donate to the fund at:
The Charlie Dean Leffler Discretionary Trust
c/o SunTrust Bank
232 Williamson Road
Mooresville, NC 28117
According to USAToday.com’s Mike Hembree, the fund is being administered by Turner Scott Motorsports co-owner Harry Scott, former Braun Racing owner Todd Braun and Great Clips chief financial officer Steve Overholser.
The New Jersey State Police’s investigation into the crash that killed Leffler remains ongoing. Results of an autopsy that were released on Thursday revealed that the driver died from a blunt force neck injury he sustained after hitting the wall in the crash.
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0