Jun 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Daniel Ricciardo has spoken of his frustration after failing to score in either of the past two grands prix, which has only been furthered by the good form of Jean-Eric Vergne as the drivers go head-to-head for the second seat at Red Bull in 2014.
“Like any racing driver I’m very highly motivated to compete with my teammate, so having such a poor race when Jev had an excellent one adds to the frustration,” Ricciardo wrote in his blog.
The Australian was quick to praise the team effort, with Toro Rosso currently beating Sauber and Williams in the constructors’ championship.
“But looking past that, his result is really positive for us. The team is really pumped up and we all know that, when everything’s working as it should, we’ve got a really fast car that’s capable of fighting for good points. That’s a nice thought to take away.”
The battle for the second seat at Red Bull has been sparked by the breakdown of Mark Webber’s relationship with the team after the multi 21 fiasco at the Malaysian Grand Prix. Although Ricciardo and Vergne are unquestionably in the running for the drive, Kimi Raikkonen is also thought to be a consideration for the defending world champions.
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 0
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 1
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0