Jun 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Daniel Ricciardo has spoken of his frustration after failing to score in either of the past two grands prix, which has only been furthered by the good form of Jean-Eric Vergne as the drivers go head-to-head for the second seat at Red Bull in 2014.
“Like any racing driver I’m very highly motivated to compete with my teammate, so having such a poor race when Jev had an excellent one adds to the frustration,” Ricciardo wrote in his blog.
The Australian was quick to praise the team effort, with Toro Rosso currently beating Sauber and Williams in the constructors’ championship.
“But looking past that, his result is really positive for us. The team is really pumped up and we all know that, when everything’s working as it should, we’ve got a really fast car that’s capable of fighting for good points. That’s a nice thought to take away.”
The battle for the second seat at Red Bull has been sparked by the breakdown of Mark Webber’s relationship with the team after the multi 21 fiasco at the Malaysian Grand Prix. Although Ricciardo and Vergne are unquestionably in the running for the drive, Kimi Raikkonen is also thought to be a consideration for the defending world champions.
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 1
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 2
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 2
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2