Jun 19, 2013, 8:04 PM EDT
Tracy Krohn’s 24 Hours of Le Mans race week got off to a rough start with this accident Wednesday at the Esses at Circuit de la Sarthe.
The American lost control of his trademark “Krohn green” No. 57 Krohn Racing Ferrari F458 Italia, which competes in the GTE Am class, and went through the gravel and careened into the tire barrier.
Krohn was unscathed but the car, a full-season entry in the FIA World Endurance Championship co-driven by Nic Jonsson and Maurizio Mediani, will need to undergo substantial repairs to make the green flag for Saturday’s race.
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- Clint Bowyer hits ‘white-of-your-eyes-fast’ speed of 217 mph in tire test at Michigan (13)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)