Jun 19, 2013, 8:04 PM EST
Tracy Krohn’s 24 Hours of Le Mans race week got off to a rough start with this accident Wednesday at the Esses at Circuit de la Sarthe.
The American lost control of his trademark “Krohn green” No. 57 Krohn Racing Ferrari F458 Italia, which competes in the GTE Am class, and went through the gravel and careened into the tire barrier.
Krohn was unscathed but the car, a full-season entry in the FIA World Endurance Championship co-driven by Nic Jonsson and Maurizio Mediani, will need to undergo substantial repairs to make the green flag for Saturday’s race.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 3
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 4
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0