Jun 19, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Target Chip Ganassi Racing’s Scott Dixon is next up in the 2013 series of INDYCAR 36 shows on NBC Sports Network, produced by IMS Productions. The crew followed Dixon at Texas two weeks ago, and it will air on Thursday night, June 20, at 11 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Texas offers more downtime than most events on the IZOD IndyCar Series schedule, with a full day Friday and no on-track activity Saturday until the race. That gave the IMSP crew a chance to follow Dixon and his family on race day morning.
“I think INDYCAR 36 really gives fans and viewers an insider perspective on what it’s like to be a driver in our series – at least on race weekends,” Dixon told IndyCar.com. “Every driver, every team and every track is different, so the show really highlights the level of diversity in the IZOD IndyCar Series.”
Other drivers featured this year include Josef Newgarden, Simona de Silvestro and Charlie Kimball.
Dixon currently ranks fifth in the series points standings heading to Iowa this weekend, 78 points behind Helio Castroneves.
- As NHRA closes in on 100 wins by female racers, it all started with one of the greatest, Shirley Muldowney 0
- Brad Keselowski: Changes overdue to Sprint Cup schedule; offers his ideas 2
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 1
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)