Jun 19, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Target Chip Ganassi Racing’s Scott Dixon is next up in the 2013 series of INDYCAR 36 shows on NBC Sports Network, produced by IMS Productions. The crew followed Dixon at Texas two weeks ago, and it will air on Thursday night, June 20, at 11 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Texas offers more downtime than most events on the IZOD IndyCar Series schedule, with a full day Friday and no on-track activity Saturday until the race. That gave the IMSP crew a chance to follow Dixon and his family on race day morning.
“I think INDYCAR 36 really gives fans and viewers an insider perspective on what it’s like to be a driver in our series – at least on race weekends,” Dixon told IndyCar.com. “Every driver, every team and every track is different, so the show really highlights the level of diversity in the IZOD IndyCar Series.”
Other drivers featured this year include Josef Newgarden, Simona de Silvestro and Charlie Kimball.
Dixon currently ranks fifth in the series points standings heading to Iowa this weekend, 78 points behind Helio Castroneves.
- Montoya fastest on opening day of Indianapolis 500 practice 2
- Indy 500 refresher running, RoP gets underway today at IMS 0
- Chevrolet reveals its super speedway aero kit 2
- ARCA driver Brad Smith recovering from ankle surgery after Talladega wreck 0
- 21 years after his death, the legacy of Ayrton Senna burns as brightly as ever 2
- Honda reveals its super speedway aero kit Thursday at IMS (VIDEO) 9
- Ed Carpenter talks Newgarden’s win and preparing for superspeedway aero kit at Indy 7