Jun 19, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Target Chip Ganassi Racing’s Scott Dixon is next up in the 2013 series of INDYCAR 36 shows on NBC Sports Network, produced by IMS Productions. The crew followed Dixon at Texas two weeks ago, and it will air on Thursday night, June 20, at 11 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Texas offers more downtime than most events on the IZOD IndyCar Series schedule, with a full day Friday and no on-track activity Saturday until the race. That gave the IMSP crew a chance to follow Dixon and his family on race day morning.
“I think INDYCAR 36 really gives fans and viewers an insider perspective on what it’s like to be a driver in our series – at least on race weekends,” Dixon told IndyCar.com. “Every driver, every team and every track is different, so the show really highlights the level of diversity in the IZOD IndyCar Series.”
Other drivers featured this year include Josef Newgarden, Simona de Silvestro and Charlie Kimball.
Dixon currently ranks fifth in the series points standings heading to Iowa this weekend, 78 points behind Helio Castroneves.
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed 5
- Williams launches new livery, confirms Martini partnership 3
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix 4
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)
- BHA announces The Collection Auto Group and Castrol as sponsors; driver TBD (5)