Jun 19, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Target Chip Ganassi Racing’s Scott Dixon is next up in the 2013 series of INDYCAR 36 shows on NBC Sports Network, produced by IMS Productions. The crew followed Dixon at Texas two weeks ago, and it will air on Thursday night, June 20, at 11 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Texas offers more downtime than most events on the IZOD IndyCar Series schedule, with a full day Friday and no on-track activity Saturday until the race. That gave the IMSP crew a chance to follow Dixon and his family on race day morning.
“I think INDYCAR 36 really gives fans and viewers an insider perspective on what it’s like to be a driver in our series – at least on race weekends,” Dixon told IndyCar.com. “Every driver, every team and every track is different, so the show really highlights the level of diversity in the IZOD IndyCar Series.”
Other drivers featured this year include Josef Newgarden, Simona de Silvestro and Charlie Kimball.
Dixon currently ranks fifth in the series points standings heading to Iowa this weekend, 78 points behind Helio Castroneves.
Video from NASCAR America
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 3
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 3
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0
- McLaren reveals Honda-powered MP4-30 for 2015 F1 season 1
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0