Jun 20, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
The IZOD IndyCar Series’ manic stretch of five races in four weekends after the month of May concludes at the Iowa Speedway this Sunday.
Some stats of note leaving Milwaukee and entering Iowa for the Iowa Corn Indy 250:
- In the last four races, the gloves have come off between Ryan Hunter-Reay and Helio Castroneves. They each have a win and have smoked the field from a points standpoint; Castroneves holds a 147-145 edge over Hunter-Reay, with Dario Franchitti having scored the third most points at just 111. Simon Pagenaud (104) is the only other driver in the field in this stretch of diverse races with more than 100 points.
- Unsurprisingly, Hunter-Reay and Castroneves have also scored the most points on ovals this year. Hunter-Reay has secured 136 points to Castroneves’ 129; Tony Kanaan is the only other driver (110) over 100. Marco Andretti is next on 88 points, with Ed Carpenter on 86 and Will Power on 85.
- E.J. Viso kept his qualifying hot streak alive with his sixth straight top-five grid position in Milwaukee. He followed that up with his first top-five finish of the season. His only career podium came in Iowa in 2010, a third-place result.
- After his frustrating ending to a dominant weekend in Milwaukee, Marco Andretti heads to undoubtedly his best track on the schedule in the cornfields of Iowa. In six prior starts, Andretti leads the field with four podium finishes, and a win there in 2011. He’s led only 87 laps at the track though, which trails four other current drivers.
- Alex Tagliani hasn’t scored a top-10 finish for the Barracuda Racing/BHA squad since St. Petersburg, and Dragon Racing’s Sebastien Bourdais hasn’t scored one all season. They’re due.
- Following the form of bad race-top 10-bad race, expect Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing’s Josef Newgarden to crack the top-10 this weekend. In all four even-numbered races this year, the series sophomore has ended there (ninth at Barber, fifth in Brazil, seventh at Detroit race one, eighth at Texas).
Nov 25, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
A post-season exit survey provides some very interesting fan data on NASCAR’s latest version of its post-season format.
Nov 25, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
The outgoing crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. also talks about his successor needing to make his own mark.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
The Delaware family court hearing is a separate matter from the ongoing police investigation into allegations of assault against Busch by his ex-girlfriend.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Brian Scott gets a new crew chief for 2015’s XFINITY campaign.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:44 PM EST
It may be Thanksgiving week but NASCAR AMERICA is still on tonight at 5 p.m. ET.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The ex-Caterham pilot runs 95 laps in the Sauber C33 at Yas Marina Circuit.
Jay Mohr back to host this year’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Awards; Aloe Blacc, Lady Antebellum among performers
Nov 25, 2014, 3:48 PM EST
A star-studded affair to come for NASCAR in Las Vegas.
Nov 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Palmer logs only 37 laps for Force India in Abu Dhabi, but places fourth on the time sheets.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Caterham not only stays for test, but banks 100-plus laps on Tuesday in Abu Dhabi.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Carlos Sainz Jr. has a good day with Red Bull, as he stakes claim for Toro Rosso seat in 2015.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Rosberg pounds out 114 laps – the most of any driver – in Day 1 of testing in Abu Dhabi.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
IndyCar’s available pool of talent, as always, is larger than the number of remaining seats.
Nov 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
The Ford squad enters this week’s World RX finale down four points in their fight for the team championship.
Nov 25, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
McLaren-Honda gets out, with ideally more to come on Wednesday.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
One Mercedes team on top, one former Mercedes team gets install laps only.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Go inside the numbers of this year’s final F1 points standings.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
GP3 champ to have first F1 run.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:40 AM EST
Ex-Lotus reserve will have his first IndyCar test in December.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:03 PM EST
The two drivers answer the call of the open road.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:26 PM EST
The future NASCAR on NBC analyst talks about how Rick Hendrick and his partnerships with Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr. have impacted his life.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 3
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11