Jun 20, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
The IZOD IndyCar Series’ manic stretch of five races in four weekends after the month of May concludes at the Iowa Speedway this Sunday.
Some stats of note leaving Milwaukee and entering Iowa for the Iowa Corn Indy 250:
- In the last four races, the gloves have come off between Ryan Hunter-Reay and Helio Castroneves. They each have a win and have smoked the field from a points standpoint; Castroneves holds a 147-145 edge over Hunter-Reay, with Dario Franchitti having scored the third most points at just 111. Simon Pagenaud (104) is the only other driver in the field in this stretch of diverse races with more than 100 points.
- Unsurprisingly, Hunter-Reay and Castroneves have also scored the most points on ovals this year. Hunter-Reay has secured 136 points to Castroneves’ 129; Tony Kanaan is the only other driver (110) over 100. Marco Andretti is next on 88 points, with Ed Carpenter on 86 and Will Power on 85.
- E.J. Viso kept his qualifying hot streak alive with his sixth straight top-five grid position in Milwaukee. He followed that up with his first top-five finish of the season. His only career podium came in Iowa in 2010, a third-place result.
- After his frustrating ending to a dominant weekend in Milwaukee, Marco Andretti heads to undoubtedly his best track on the schedule in the cornfields of Iowa. In six prior starts, Andretti leads the field with four podium finishes, and a win there in 2011. He’s led only 87 laps at the track though, which trails four other current drivers.
- Alex Tagliani hasn’t scored a top-10 finish for the Barracuda Racing/BHA squad since St. Petersburg, and Dragon Racing’s Sebastien Bourdais hasn’t scored one all season. They’re due.
- Following the form of bad race-top 10-bad race, expect Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing’s Josef Newgarden to crack the top-10 this weekend. In all four even-numbered races this year, the series sophomore has ended there (ninth at Barber, fifth in Brazil, seventh at Detroit race one, eighth at Texas).
Mar 1, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Here’s the final recap from the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya as pre-season testing comes to a close.
Mar 1, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
Team principal Maurizio Arrivabene calls for “concentration and discipline” at Maranello in the lead-up to the start of the 2015 season.
Mar 1, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
The Team Penske pilot turns 34 years old today.
Mar 1, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
Maldonado is still able to find the positives out of his final test run before the beginning of the 2015 season in Australia on March 15.
Mar 1, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
Should Mercedes drop the ball in 2015, Williams could be the team to pick up the pieces and snatch a race win.
Mar 1, 2015, 1:30 PM EST
17-year-old will become the youngest driver in the history of F1 to start a race in Australia.
James Courtney wins season-opening V8 Supercars feature in Adelaide; ex-NASCAR driver Marcos Ambrose 12th
Mar 1, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
Ambrose cracks Top 10 on feature grid, but fuel strategy hinders an otherwise decent run for him.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:45 PM EST
German driver posted the fastest time of winter testing in Barcelona on Friday.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
With the ban on motorsport in Switzerland being lifted, the door has been opened to an ePrix in Geneva.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
Attention now turns to the season-opening Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne on March 15.
Mar 1, 2015, 11:00 AM EST
Ferrari technical director says that the SF15-T is working as expected.
Mar 1, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
Maldonado confident Lotus has made a big improvement after miserable 2014.
Mar 1, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
British driver says that sticking with #44 means far more to him than having the number designated for the world champion.
Feb 28, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Argentinian driver confirms his plans for the new season after a difficult 2014 with Hilmer Motorsport.
Feb 28, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
A full round-up from the penultimate day of F1 pre-season testing in Barcelona.
Feb 28, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
Frenchman joined the team as a test driver for the 2015 season.
Feb 28, 2015, 3:11 PM EST
Bourdais, Hawksworth, Aldo Andretti and more all have birthdays today, February 28.
Feb 28, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
Despite posting a time that, when adjusted to account for tire compounds, could be 1.4 seconds quicker than the rest of the field, the Briton was unenthused about his performance.
Feb 28, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
How well does Josef Newgarden dunk? Find out in video he does with Indiana Pacers “Power Pack.”
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 0
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0