Jun 22, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
Allan McNish has taken over in the No. 2 Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro, which still holds the lead as this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans is now halfway complete.
The No. 2 car continues to lead by a lap over the No. 8 Toyota Hybrid, which is currently being driven by former Formula One competitor Anthony Davidson. The No. 7 Toyota Hybrid, currently driven by Nicolas Lapierre, has maintained third position and trails his teammate Davidson by one minute.
Oliver Jarvis, driving the No. 3 Audi R18, has managed to regain one of his laps against Davidson but is still running fourth overall ahead of the two Rebellion Toyotas in fifth and sixth.
In LMP2, the No. 35 Oak Racing Morgan-Nissan is still leading the way with former IndyCar pilot Martin Plowman in the cockpit. Its sister car, the No. 24, is second in the class with Alex Brundle at the controls.
GTE Pro has seen a shift at the top with the No. 99 Aston Martin Racing Vantage now atop the class with Frederic Makowiecki, ahead of Romain Dumas in the No. 92 Porsche AG Team Manthey 911. Aston and Porsche have had a strong battle in the category throughout the first half of the race.
Finally, GTE-Am is currently being led by the No. 76 IMSA Performance Matmut Porsche 911 of Christophe Bourret, with the No. 55 AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia of Piergiuseppe Perrazini running second.
As for Patrick Dempsey in the No. 77 Dempsey/Del Piero Porsche, he took the class lead during his stint before falling back to second and then to third after a spin at the Dunlop Esses. Currently, the No. 77 is fourth in the class with Joe Foster in the car.
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 0
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 0
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0