Jun 23, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
- Rahal secures best finish since April: A tough season got better this weekend for Graham Rahal, who was solidly competitive on Sunday and placed fifth for his best result since a runner-up finish at Long Beach in April. “I’m proud of these guys because as I’ve said [to] too many people, the last few weeks hasn’t been easy for us,” he said. “I’m really proud of the engineering staff and everyone [on the team]. For everybody to keep coming back week after week with their chins up means a lot to me.” Rahal moved up from eighth place to second in the stint following his first stop and even led on a Lap 160 restart.
- Servia solid for Panther: Also achieving its best result since Long Beach was Panther Racing, with driver Oriol Servia claiming a seventh-place finish. The Spaniard stayed between the middle and lower reaches of the Top 10 during the afternoon, turning in a steady effort for a squad that needed one. “This is the first time I can remember that I didn’t ask for a single change to the car for an entire race,” said Servia. “To be honest, seeing that I was seventh at the end was a surprise because I felt like we were much higher than that, but a big thanks to the team for such a great car today.”
- “Home” win for Hinch’s sponsor: While race winner James Hinchcliffe’s sponsor, GoDaddy, is headquartered in Arizona, the web registry and hosting company has a major presence in Iowa with an office in the town of Hiawatha. Naturally, GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving was thrilled that his driver could pull out a victory in a place where his company does business. “What a great day for Hinch and the entire GoDaddy team,” Irving said. “To see him win in Iowa after visiting with our GoDaddy employees there last week makes this one extra special. We love seeing Hinch’s passion and ‘get-it-done’ attitude. It reminds us of our philosophy when it comes to helping customers and it’s just plain fun to watch!”
Mar 10, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
The outspoken Canadian tells a pair of Italian publications that Vettel’s “not going to win this year for sure.”
Mar 10, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Five prior Melbourne winners in field as F1 begins new era this weekend.
Mar 10, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Teams will use Pirelli’s medium and soft compounds in this weekend’s F1 season opener Down Under.
Mar 10, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Big year for Pocono in terms of contribution to Pennsylvania economy.
Mar 10, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
2014 marks 10 years since Michael Schumacher’s fourth and last win in Melbourne.
Mar 10, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
David Reutimann third driver in revolving door of No. 35 FRM Ford.
Mar 10, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Race winners, top-10 finishers off to great start; three of four SHR cars among those with work to do to catch up.
Mar 10, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT
No LMP1s and mostly streamed live coverage will make for a different Sebring viewing experience this weekend.
Mar 10, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Youngest American in the field could be primed to make the “year three leap.”
Mar 10, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Tony Kanaan takes over No. 10 Target ride, and seeks a return to title contention.
Mar 9, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
A late strategy gamble pays off for Edwards with his best finish of the young Sprint Cup season.
Mar 9, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
Kyle was strong during the Kobalt 400 but faded late, while Kurt couldn’t escape mid-pack.
Mar 9, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
The Richard Childress Racing driver finishes third in a strong effort at Las Vegas.
Mar 9, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
Joey Logano was the rubber band man in Sunday’s Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Mar 9, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
With about 20 laps remaining, crew chief Steve Letarte warned race leader Dale Earnhardt Jr. that he would be about a half-lap shy of enough fuel to finish Sunday’s Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Mar 9, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
Bad Brad sweeps the NASCAR weekend in Sin City.
Mar 9, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
Kevin Harvick went from halfway to no way in Sunday’s Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. After leading the race at the 134-lap halfway point of the 267-lap event, Harvick’s bid for back-to-back wins came to an abrupt end when his No. 4 Stewart Haas Racing Chevrolet suffered a broken left front wheel hub…
Mar 9, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Richard Petty is going back home to Level Cross, N.C. – the Richard Petty Museum, that is.
Mar 9, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
The automotive, motorsports and pro football worlds are mourning the death of William Clay Ford, who passed away Sunday from pneumonia, according to a company statement.
Mar 9, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
The sports car organization ushered in its latest class last night in Charlotte.
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Keselowski wins in Vegas as Dale Jr. runs dry on final lap 2
- NHRA king John Force charging as hard in boardroom for new sponsors as on the dragstrip 0
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)