Jun 23, 2013, 8:27 AM EDT
A final update before the checkered flag at the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans:
- Conditions are changing by the minute. A mix of rain, sun, and clouds have at times enveloped various parts of the Circuit de la Sarthe.
- Nicolas Lapierre crashed the No. 7 Toyota TS030 Hybrid at Porsche Curves, walked an unspecified distance away from the car, got back in the car and took it back to the pit lane. After quick repairs, that car has returned to the race with just under 38 minutes remaining.
- The No. 46 Thiriet by TDS Racing Oreca 03 Nissan crashed into a barrier and the No. 35 OAK Racing Morgan Nissan, LMP2 class leader with Bertrand Baguette currently driving, spun to avoid it. At the same time, the No. 49 Pecom Racing Oreca Nissan spun ahead of the No. 1 Audi R18 e-tron quattro almost in slow motion, and also avoided contact.
- Safety cars plan to withdraw with less than 30 minutes remaining, setting up the final shootout with weather conditions, like the race, firmly to be determined.
- Current class leaders are Audi No. 2 (LMP1), OAK No. 35 (LMP2), Porsche No. 92 (GTE Pro) and Imsa Porsche No. 76 (GTE Am).
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (6)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches
Search player news RotoWorld