Jun 23, 2013, 8:27 AM EDT
A final update before the checkered flag at the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans:
- Conditions are changing by the minute. A mix of rain, sun, and clouds have at times enveloped various parts of the Circuit de la Sarthe.
- Nicolas Lapierre crashed the No. 7 Toyota TS030 Hybrid at Porsche Curves, walked an unspecified distance away from the car, got back in the car and took it back to the pit lane. After quick repairs, that car has returned to the race with just under 38 minutes remaining.
- The No. 46 Thiriet by TDS Racing Oreca 03 Nissan crashed into a barrier and the No. 35 OAK Racing Morgan Nissan, LMP2 class leader with Bertrand Baguette currently driving, spun to avoid it. At the same time, the No. 49 Pecom Racing Oreca Nissan spun ahead of the No. 1 Audi R18 e-tron quattro almost in slow motion, and also avoided contact.
- Safety cars plan to withdraw with less than 30 minutes remaining, setting up the final shootout with weather conditions, like the race, firmly to be determined.
- Current class leaders are Audi No. 2 (LMP1), OAK No. 35 (LMP2), Porsche No. 92 (GTE Pro) and Imsa Porsche No. 76 (GTE Am).
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 0
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12
- Ten with Townsend: Toronto debrief 0
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 4
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0
More from NASCAR America
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches
Search player news RotoWorld